Missionary House Parents - Native American Outreach Ministries
Christian Career Center Flagstaff, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
Do you have a Christ-centered heart for Native American children? Do you believe God gifted you to nurture and minister to these little ones who are the least among us? The NAOMI staff have been living out their call in our loving Christ-centered homes for abused and neglected Native American children for over 25 years. They would welcome you to join them as house parents.
Mission: Provide safe, nurturing, Christ-centered home for Native American children in need.
Position: Houseparents’ for up to 12 children in our Emergency Shelter home, ages 0 - 18.
- Prepare meals (generally breakfast only - Lunch and dinner generally prepared by campus cook and served in Ministry Center Great Room)
- Ensure good hygiene and grooming
- Secure, control and administer medications per regulations and doctors’ instructions
- Supervise school work and progress, playtime, extra-curricular activities;
- Assign chores;
- Transport children to appointments and activities;
- Coordinate with Tribal case workers
- Help office manager maintain complete and timely records,
- Nurture children’s’ knowledge and relationship with Jesus,
- Provide an atmosphere of love, safety, security and consistency
- Frequently check and follow schedules prepared by the director.
- Share supervision of children with other staff during group activities
- Readily accept additional tasks in the event of emergencies and other situations that arise with 20+ children on campus.
- Mature, stable married couple possessing the skills, temperament and motivation for parenting NAOMI children in an organized, nurturing, loving manner that will give the children the best opportunity to grow into healthy, peaceful, loving life styles.
- Good skills for conflict and behavior resolution
- Physical ability to separate fighting children and lift children from the floor
- An attitude of servitude and sacrificial Christian love.
- Must appreciate and be sensitive to cultural diversity
- Ability to work harmoniously and cheerfully with other staff in an isolated location and under stressful conditions.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Post high school education in child welfare or human services desirable
- Must have driver’s license and good driving record.
- Have ability to drive a 15 passenger van
- Must pass background check, physical and drug screen.
- NAOMI home can only accommodate up to two biological/adopted children.
- Must be authorized to permanently work in the USA.
This is a paid position. Food, housing, utilities and mobile phone plan are provided. Two weeks of vacation annually plus short respite vacations. NAOMI has a SEP IRA retirement plan.
NAOMI is located 15 miles east of Winslow, Arizona on Old Route 66 along Interstate 40 near the great Navajo Nation. Founded 25 year ago as a Christian home for abused and neglected Native American children, it has provided a loving safe haven for hundreds of Native American children. Most of the children are from the Navajo Reservation. They range in age from less than one up to eighteen. We are licensed for ten foster children and twelve emergency shelter children. The staff are missionaries and reside on site. NAOMI will provide training appropriate for this position during the 90 day probation period and provides periodic training for all staff.
Christian Career Center
BusinessView all jobs at Christian Career Center