High School Principal - Valley Christian Schools
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Dear Potential Candidate,
Thank you for considering the high school principal position at Valley Christian Schools. Valley Christian is a community rich with both generations of heritage and new families. All are joined together with the passion for equipping and inspiring our children and grandchildren to serve the Lord Jesus Christ. The high school campus currently serves over 500 students through an amazing group of faculty and staff.
The path of VC Schools has been and continues to be an incredible journey with God present every step of the way. What started as a small school in “Dairy Valley” has grown to be an impressive Preschool through Twelfth Grade School System attracting many wonderful families from two of the largest counties in the nation. Within this system, there is a very experienced, qualified, and dedicated faculty, a board that is eager to serve, and a community that is passionate about the future of our children. The 2022-23 school year marks the 88th year of equipping and inspiring our students to a life of service to God!
VC Schools is looking for a strong leader for our high school to take us into the next chapters of the VC Story. Our next high school principal should be enthusiastic about working in a diverse community that is passionate about providing our children a quality education from a Reformed Christian perspective.
It is our intent for this Valley Christian Schools Profile to give you a glimpse of our school, our community, and the qualities needed from our next high school principal. Know we are praying for you as you consider the opportunity to serve as the next high school principal for Valley Christian Schools.
Superintendent, Valley Christian Schools
High School Principal
Valley Christian Schools is seeking an experienced administrator and visionary leader to serve as High School Principal for the 2023-2024 school year.
The High School Principal provides spiritual, instructional, operational, and administrative leadership to the faculty and students at Valley Christian High School. He or she is directly responsible for supervision of faculty, department heads/division heads, the Athletic Director, the Registrar, and the guidance counselors, with an overarching responsibility for the operation and maintenance of the high school programs and facilities.
As the High School Principal, the incumbent will be responsible for demonstrating a commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ as evidenced by modeling Christ-like behavior through a calling to Christian educational leadership as a profession, and by striving to provide an environment for faculty, staff, and students where there is nurturing of the faith. The incumbent must exhibit the highest level of Christian integrity, morals, behavior, attitude, and leadership and must be an active member of a Christian church, preferably CRC or RCA denomination.
- Personally, and utilizing subordinate staff, plan, develop, coordinate, direct and anticipate daily, weekly, monthly, and annual activities, programs, events, and facilities maintenance & improvement projects, ensuring that each is consistent with the mission and core values of Valley Christian Schools. Plan and ensure execution of the annual calendar of school activities.
- Together with the Superintendent and Academic Committee, develop and continuously improve courses and co-curricular activities that strive toward fulfilling the vision of the school. Initiate, monitor, and evaluate co-curricular activities to ensure that each meets student needs, provides a “center of excellence”, and has a clear educational purpose.
- With each teacher, develop and implement a professional growth plan. Instruct, observe encourage, and coach new faculty. Be quick to encourage, recognize, and praise exemplary performance, and to celebrate achievements and small victories.
- Develop and implement programs of orientation and in-service education for instructional and non-instructional staff members.
- Anticipate, prevent, and solve problems & resolve conflicts daily. Act as ombudsman for students. With Registrar, ensure accuracy of credits, transcripts, and scheduling.
- Administer the school in conformity with the Articles of Incorporation of the school society, with the adopted policies of the Board, with the rules and regulation of the State Board of Education, and with state and federal laws.
- Supervision of high school faculty, department heads, registrar, and guidance counselors, the Athletic Director, Food Service Program staff, and Student Activities Director.
- Submit annual needs budget and demonstrate good stewardship through the administration of the adopted budget and student body funds.
- Submit various reports to the Board as needed and required.
- Assist and advise the Superintendent in personnel decisions including recruiting and hiring, promotions, and salary adjustments.
- Foster and maintain a positive relationship between the school and the community.
- Foster and maintain a positive relationship between the school and its support organizations.
- Seek to stimulate an interest in Christian education in the surrounding community and local Christian churches through outreach efforts.
- Provide and supervise compliance with all government requirements
- Other duties as necessitated by the overall responsibility of the position.
- Master’s Degree in Education or related field; ACSI Teaching Credential a plus
- Experience in School Administration; High School Administration preferred
- Experience in Christian education or leadership
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic planning, and critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of the design, integration, implementation, and management of a school including curriculum, instructional practices, school operations, management, and leadership development
- Active membership of a Protestant Christian church; CRC or RCA denomination preferred
- Ability to articulate your Christian faith (preferably CRC or RCA denomination) and able to integrate prayer and Christian belief system into leadership
- Supports the Mission and Doctrinal Statement of Valley Christian Schools
- Generously subsidized health benefits
- 403(b) retirement plan with matching employer contributions
- Tuition Discounts & Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Up to 17 paid holidays
For consideration, applicants must be willing to complete a LiveScan/fingerprinting and a drug screen. Please submit a resume. Attn: High School Principal 1122
About Valley Christian Schools
Valley Christian Schools strives for excellence in Christian education by partnering with Christian parents in meeting each individual student’s needs. The school was founded in 1935 on the concept of parental involvement. Our schools are an extension of Christian family life, and we take seriously our obligation to be partners with parents in providing the best possible education for our students. Valley Christian Schools has over 1,300 students in preschool through 12th grade. We are located 25 miles south of Los Angeles near the border of Los Angeles and Orange Counties in beautiful Southern California.
Valley Christian Schools is a non-profit 501(c)3 religious organization and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
Christian Career Center
EducationView all jobs at Christian Career Center
Get fresh HIGH School Principal jobs daily straight to your inbox!