Director of Children and Family Ministries - Community Lutheran Church
- Posted: over a month ago
Director of Children and Family Ministries
Reports to: Pastor(s)
Directly Supervises: N/A
Status: Part Time / Salary
The Director of Children and Family Ministries staff member will serve Community Lutheran Church by overseeing education activities and curriculum for the Children and Family Ministries. The Director is responsible for the vision, leadership, planning and implementation of programs with a goal of supporting children and families in their faith formation and spiritual growth. The Director shall seek to foster a strong education program through building relationships with teachers, students and parents and by leveraging the gifts and resources of the congregation. The Director will introduce, instruct, and nurture children and youth in their Christian faith and in life, through Bible study, prayer, fellowship, worship, service and evangelism. This position is for 25 hours a week; flexible schedule with weekend hours required. The Director will report to the Pastor(s) and work closely with the Christian Education and Youth ministry leaders.
- Coordinate education with the selection and development of curriculum for preschool- fifth grade students as well as the Confirmation Program (6th-8th Grades, confirmed in fall of 9th Grade).
- Lead and coordinate the coaching and training of lay leaders, teachers and other volunteers, ensure appropriate equipment and supplies are made available and confirm all volunteers abide by the guidelines and requirements of the Community Lutheran Church Youth Protection Policy
- Communicate upcoming events and opportunities effectively through MailChimp and Social media partnering with Evoke Engagement Experts
- Work in partnership with Pastors, worship regularly at both Sunday services and serve as a liaison with the Church Council Chair for Christian Education.
- Chaperone Sunday School events, Confirmation retreats/camps and Synod wide Youth Events
- Plan, staff, and market Vacation Bible School for our congregation, as well as the larger community
- Attend staff meetings, monthly ministry team meetings and regular programming sessions with Pastors and staff. Coordinate additional Children and Family Ministries meetings as needed to meet programming goals
- Maintain administrative records (Student Registration Forms, Background Check Forms, Volunteer Contact Forms) and develop and adhere to the ministry budget including tracking expenses to ensure accountability
- Coordinate and support collaborative programs across all age demographics (including building on existing children’s programs) to enable our congregation to live out the mission statement of Community Lutheran Church – Welcoming Others, Growing in Grace, Sharing Christ’s Love
- Revitalize and redevelop education programs to enhance and grow the Children and Family Ministries within CLC. Maintain current awareness of curriculum trends and focus on enhancing Sunday School offerings, First Communion, Confirmation and other core educational programming
- Work effectively with parents and equip families with tools and resources to help them become intentionally involved in the spiritual formation and discipleship of their families on Sundays and at home
- Coordinate events with other ministries, and intentionally reach out to the CLC community and the wider community to invite children and families to various activities (Ex: VBS, Synod events, Confirmation activities, Service Day, Easter Egg Hunt, Christmas Pageant, Intergenerational Sunday School, etc.)
- An enthusiastic desire to share the love of Christ with children, and families in our community – coupled with a strong personal faith
- Ministry and leadership experience in programming for faith based formation and education
- Bachelor’s degree or certification in Education, Theology, Christian Formation or related field; Masters a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated written and oral communication skills. Must be a team player
- Demonstrated experience with administrative coordination of multiple activities and an ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to utilize and leverage technology and social media. Proficiency with word processing software (Word, Publisher), web based applications (SignUp Genius, Mail Chimp, Doodle Poll) and other social media outlets (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Canva)
- Satisfactory background check
If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume.
Christian Career Center
HealthcareView all jobs at Christian Career Center
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?