UrbanPromiseWilmington Job Description - AfterSchool/Summer Camp Site Director
The vision of UrbanPromise Wilmington is to be a community in Christ of servant leadership? and transformation seeking a full life for all involved: urban youth, families, volunteers and staff in the neighborhoods of our city.
The mission of UrbanPromise Wilmington is to equip urban youth through Christ with the skills necessary for academic success, life management, personal growth and servant leadership.
Job title After-school/Summer Camp Site Director
Reports to Children’s Programming Director
Site Directors are a critical part of the UrbanPromise Wilmington (UPW) ministry, providing direction and supervision to After-school and Summer Camp programs for youth from 1st to 8th grade. Site Directors are placed in a specific neighborhood-based site to fulfill the UPW vision and mission, implementing children’s programming. Site Directors lead staff (Site Coordinator, Interns, and Street Leaders) and volunteers, proactively supporting and empowering them so that together we reach children, raise leaders and restore community.
UrbanPromise is more than a job.
This ministry experience gives you the opportunity to grow spiritually, disciple children and youth, and serve the Lord with justice-minded people from all over the world.
Duties and responsibilities? - Staff members are expected to be wholehearted in everything they undertake.
Foster Community in Christ
- Engage in personal spiritual development (get a mentor, Bible study, prayer)
- Participate in staff spiritual practice events (prayer, discipleship, Bible study) and professional development (staff retreats, training, and team building events)
- Participate in site based neighborhood and community relationships
- Teach and provide opportunities for children to respond to the Gospel message, fostering Godly Character and discipleship (Scripture, prayer, mentoring relationships, service opportunities)
- Actively pursue UPW financial support as you learn fundamentals of relationship development and fundraising via letters etc
Support site staff and volunteers
- Provide careful and effective supervision of children’s activities and of staff leading those activities
- Supervise daily site preparation (physical set-up, preparation of materials, gather supplies, site clean-up
- Assign, observe and evaluate staff roles (written evaluations, checkup meetings,communicating with children’s programming director), providing coaching and feedback
- Hold reporting staff accountable in UrbanPromise Wilmington’s discipleship expectations
- Regularly gather feedback from staff and implement adjustments as necessary
Oversee administration of programs
- Support, engage in and enforce safe practices (cleaning policies & procedures, child safety, risk policies)
- Maintain processes and procedures (events calendars, planning, curriculums, budgets)
- Communicate with Site Coordinator the direction of programming for the season
- Lead/attend meetings (camp meetings, UPW staff meetings, community meetings)
- Collect critical data and measurements for areas of responsibility (city food program, timesheets, program data, accident reports, fire drills)
Develop transformative relationships with all involved, fostering growth
- Provide support, opportunities for spiritual growth, professional development, and new experiences for staff and youth
- Invest in relationships with children, teens, families, volunteers and staff
- Lead special events as required (camp night, spring break trip, academic competitions)
- Provide and carry out discipline structures and incentive programs which help children to reach their full potential
- Communicate regularly with UPW programming team
General Requirements: ?You are an insightful and creative problem solver who can easily navigate racial, class, political and cultural differences, while offering joy, warmth and support to youth. You are responsible, proactive and purpose driven. ?You are trustworthy and uphold the integrity of the UrbanPromise Wilmington vision. Additional skills include:
- Excellent communicator with kids, adults and professionals
- Adept at utilizing technology, especially Zoom and the Google Suite
- Excellent time management skills with ability to prioritize effectively
- Must be coachable and passionate about supporting children in a way that honors God’s word
- Must be able to manage people and lead a team towards a common goal
- Must have a missionary mindset/attitude and dedicated to living out God’s word
- Site Coordinator
- TeamLeader & StreetLeaders
Christian Career Center