- Drafting pleadings, motions, and other documents as needed
- Effective communication with the clients when necessary
- Other responsibilities as directed by the attorney to help move each case forward
- Legal experience is a must. You must be familiar with the terminology and documents involved in the family law process
- Track all active and potential new client matters including track deadlines, assigned tasks, attorney/staff member assigned to each case and maintain client list.
- Serves as a point of contact for the attorneys, clients and other personnel concerning the cases.
- Document preparation including bates stamping, redacting, hyperlinks and creating pleading files.
- Positive, professional attitude
- Ability to follow directions, and pay close attention to detail
- Desire to learn, grow and be a crucial part of our law firm
- Self-motivated, and can work well without supervision
- Excellent organizational skills
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Graduation from high school or its equivalent and a minimum of five years of experience as a legal secretary.
- Experience with case management in family law and commercial litigation. Federal court experience preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of court procedures, legal documents, and court rules.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the organization, functions, responsibility, and procedures of law practice.