Maintenance and Reliability Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
Christensen Farms is one of the largest, family-owned pork producers in the United States, marketing approximately 3 million hogs per year. Headquartered in Sleepy Eye, Minnesota, the company operates throughout the Midwest with facilities in Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Illinois and South Dakota. Christensen Farms owns four feed mills, manages 145,000 sows on 44 farms, and oversees more than 350 nurseries and grow-finish sites. The company employees nearly 1,000 people and maintains 1,500 contract partnerships.
The company is vertically integrated with a strong presence across the pork value chain - from farm to fork. Christensen Farms is the largest shareholder of Triumph Foods LLC, a producer-owned primary pork processing plant in St. Joseph, Missouri. In turn, Triumph Foods members own 50 percent of Daily's Premium Meats, a specialty pork processor of bacon and other premium pork products. Triumph Foods also holds a 50 percent partnership in Seaboard Triumph Foods, LLC of Sioux City, Iowa, a primary pork processing plant.
Position Overview & Responsibilities:
Perform priority repairs and maintenance in a timely and efficient manner. Complete scheduled projects to timeline and quality standards of company. Effectively work with production and other repair staff to maximize quality of work and productivity of department.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Priority Repairs
- Execute priority repairs as assigned
- Technical Repair
- Repair equipment specific to CFF and it's producers
- Non-priority Repair
- Perform scheduled repairs to company quality and cost standards
- Provide service and labor for farm group
- Perform general carpentry, plumbing, and steel repair
- Other Projects
- Provide labor for or lead other projects
- Asset Maintenance Program
- Execute maintenance procedures on assigned farms.
- Seasonal Equipment Preparation
- Prepare equipment for use
- Maintain and properly store equipment not in use.
- The worker is required to have the visual ability to perform an activity such as: operates machines, such as lathes, drill presses, power saws, and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm's reach; performs mechanical or skilled tasks of a non-repetitive nature, such as carpenter, technicians, service people, plumbers, painters, mechanics, etc.
- This position will require operating a company vehicle or regular mileage reimbursement. Any employment offer extended for this position will be is contingent upon the review of the candidate's motor vehicle record (MVR). The MVR will be reviewed to determine insurability based on CF's insurance carrier and company policy.
- Vehicle Licensing Requirements: Class D
Christensen Farms is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to select the most qualified person for each position in the organization. No employee of CF will discriminate against any applicant for employment or a fellow employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, citizenship status, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran status or any other prohibited basis under applicable local, state, or federal law.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Real EstateView all jobs at Christensen Farms