IT Service Desk Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
Christensen Farms is one of the largest, family-owned pork producers in the United States, marketing approximately 3 million hogs per year. Headquartered in Sleepy Eye, Minnesota, the company operates throughout the Midwest with facilities in Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Illinois and South Dakota. Christensen Farms owns four feed mills, manages 145,000 sows on 44 farms, and oversees more than 350 nurseries and grow-finish sites. The company employees nearly 1,000 people and maintains 1,500 contract partnerships.
The company is vertically integrated with a strong presence across the pork value chain from farm to fork. Christensen Farms is the largest shareholder of Triumph Foods LLC, a producer-owned primary pork processing plant in St. Joseph, Missouri. In turn, Triumph Food members own 50 percent of Daily's Premium Meats, a specialty pork processor bacon and other premium pork products. Triumph Foods also holds a 50 percent partnership in Seaboard Triumph Foods, LLC of Sioux City, Iowa, a primary pork processing plant.
Position Overview & Responsibilities:
This position provides 1st level support to end users on a variety of issues. The Service Desk Specialist identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems (both hardware and software). The focus of this position will be centered on responding to telephone calls, emails and requests for technical support. The Service Desk Specialist documents, tracks and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution and communication back to the end user. The Service Desk Specialist also recommends solutions for re-occurring problems. The position involves a high degree of interaction with others, both over the phone and in person. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to provide optimal customer service are required for this position.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Respond to inquiries and requests for assistance with the organization's computer systems and PC's/Laptops.
- Install new computer hardware and software.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems to determine resolution.
- Work with other IT areas to resolve problems.
- Create and maintain end user and desktop documentation.
- Log and monitor end user requests within the Service Desk software application.
- Troubleshoot issues regarding company owned wireless phones and PDAs
- Administer users, groups and security through Active Directory.
- Other duties assigned within the scope, responsibility and requirements of the job.
Specialized or Motorized Equipment and/or Tools:
This position will require occasionally operating a company vehicle or mileage reimbursement. Any employment offer extended for this position will be contingent upon the review of the candidate's motor vehicle record (MVR). The MVR will be reviewed to determine insurability based on CFF's insurance carrier and company policy.
Vehicle Licensing Requirements: Class D
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
AddressSleepy Eye, MN
TechnologyView all jobs at Christensen Farms