Clinic Informatics & Population Health Coordinator
The Clinic Informatics & Population Health Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and ensuring quality management of the clinic system provided at Christ Health through the management and improvement of clinical data analysis and clinical workflow(s).
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversight over the Athena Utilization Committee (AUC)
- Management over initiatives of the Population Health tool, Azara, to clinical staff
- Serves as a delegate/quality coordinator for the Quality Department for specific responsibilities
- Serves as a Super User for Christ Health within the electronic medical record, athenahealth
- Works to create and maintain order sets, encounter plans, etc.
- Oversees the development and review of new clinical workflows for both clinical support staff, providers, and other necessary clinical personnel
- Assists the Clinical Director and Chief Medical Officer with electronic medical record tasks and responsibilities as necessary
- Creates and leads the agenda for AUC to assist Christ Health staff with clinical quality improvement through efficient utilization of Athena Health
- Serves as the main analyst for clinical quality data with the Population Health tool, Azara
- Works to create workflows for clinical staff at Christ Health when related to utilization of the Azara tool
- Assists the Quality Improvement Team with Azara related data analysis and data investigation
- Assists the Clinical Director and Chief Medical Officer in guiding clinical workflow decision making through interpretation of and analysis of clinical data
- Manage deadlines, continual compliance and implementation of unspecified grants received by Christ Health
- Assists the Quality Improvement Manager with various responsibilities:
- The development of and implementation of requirements for Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) certification and compliance
- The review of various agency goals, policies, and procedures
- The process for collecting and reviewing clinical staff's peer evaluations
- Delivers direct patient care and clinical practice, including decentralized and service-based programs
- Identifies high-risk patients and implements interventions to improve quality and safety
- Meets with internal and external audiences to identify and problem solve QI issues.
- Each employee of Christ Health Center is vital to providing overall quality care to our patients and may be included in the patient care team and daily huddle when deemed necessary by the Core Care Team.
- Knowledge required of a recipient of a Master's of Public Health
- Knowledge of CQI principles, practices, methods, and tools.
- Knowledge of computer applications related to QI, including spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of medical records and clinical care processes.
- Skill in effective education and facilitation of CQI efforts in medical practice.
- Skill in utilizing electronic medical record to document and review applicable clinical information
- Skill in application of analytical methods and statistical software by developing appropriate reports.
- Skill in conducting QI checks of medical records and other clinical documentation and performing patient satisfaction surveys.
- Ability to educate staff in both verbal and written form about QI in formal and informal settings.
- Ability to interact effectively with health care team members.
- Ability to analyze QI data and identify trends and corrective actions.
Qualification, Education, Experience
- A Bachelor's Degree in applicable field
- A Master's of Public Health (MPH)
- Work requires the ability to potentially lift or carry objects weighing up to 10 pounds
- Long periods of standing, as well as ability to stoop and bend, to reach, and grab with arms and hands
- Work requires proofreading and checking documents for accuracy.
- Work requires ability to use a keyboard and visualize a computer monitor to enter and transform words or data. Specific vision abilities required include close vision and the ability to adjust focus
- Understands Christ Health Center Mission Statement and Values
- Consistently displays Christ Health Center's Mission on a daily basis
- Treats patients, visitors and co-workers with love and respect
Christ Health Center
5721 1st Avenue NorthBirmingham, AL
Get fresh Clinic Informatics & Population Health Coordinator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.