We are currently seeking caring, compassionate new employees to join our Culinary Team! Now Hiring Culinary Aide - Part-Time:
- Hours: Sat-Sun | 7am-3pm
- Starting Pay from $11.92 to $13.64 per hour (depending on experience)
- Flexible scheduling options and great benefits, including tuition reimbursement!
Welcome to the Chris Jensen Health and Rehabilitation Center. The care and service we provide is guided by five core values: hospitality, stewardship, integrity, respect and humor, resulting in a vibrant care community focused on the dignity, rights and individual capacity of each person.
Residents come to us at challenging times in their lives – following surgery or an extended hospital treatment, or after events have altered their lives at home. We understand the personal impact caused by significant life and health changes and are committed to care that makes our residents feel reassured and fulfilled. A professional staff provides focused rehabilitation services and our dedicated memory care and palliative care teams attend to individuals with special needs around the clock.Job Description
The position is responsible for assisting the Culinary Director / Culinary Manager and the Cook in the serving of food in the community. In this position the culinary aide will deliver food, ensure regulatory requirements are met in regards to culinary standards, and ensure sanitary conditions in the kitchen all dining areas. This position must be friendly, action orientated and customer focused at all times. Key responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Operate dish machine to wash dishes, glasses, cups, trays, and silverware and record temperatures to ensure compliance.
- Ensure proper drying and storage of dishes, glasses, cups, trays, and silverware.
- Clean dish machine, dish room area, assigned work areas, equipment, and follow the cleaning schedule.
- Wash pots, pans, and processing equipment according to manufacture recommendations.
- Assist with meal service as assigned.
- Clean and sanitize food delivery equipment.
- Assist in monitoring preparation and service area in sanitary condition.
- Deliver and transport trays to serving areas or to residents and return trays to clean-up.
- Prepare and deliver between meal nourishments.
- Work as part of a team on tray line.
- Assist with putting stock away and ensure proper dating and rotation of stock to reduce waste.
- Assist in training and orientation of new personal.
- Attend in-service training sessions and staff meetings.
- Completes all other tasks and related duties as assigned.
- Some high school education preferred.
- Previous food service experience preferred.
- Flexible work schedule (mornings, afternoons, nights, weekends, holidays, etc. as needed)
- Follows all attendance policies and procedures, including proper timeclock usage.
- Compliance with infectious disease policies and procedures.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.