Our culinary team at Chris Jensen has an opening for a part-time Cook. Come join us for a rewarding opportunity to bring a smile to the faces of our residents and make a difference in the lives of others in your work:
- Part-Time (avg 30hrs/wk), Hours: varies AM/PM shift
- Starting Wage: $13.65 - $14.88 per hour (depending on experience)
Welcome to Chris Jensen Health & Rehabilitation Center. The care and service we provide is guided by five core values: hospitality, stewardship, integrity, respect and humor, resulting in a vibrant care community with a commitment to making our residents and their families feel reassured and fulfilled. We understand the personal impact caused by significant life and health changes that bring our residents to our community, and our professional staff provides focused rehabilitation services and our dedicated memory care and palliative care teams attend to individuals with special needs around the clock.Job Description
This position is responsible for the preparation of food on a large scale basis according to specific policies, procedures, menus and standardized recipes. Responsibilities include preparing ingredients, cleaning the cooking area and serving food on a tray assembly line. This position may act as a lead worker to Dietary Aides.
KEY POSITION SPECIFIC ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare food according to diet standards, therapeutic needs, recipes and food production sheets.
- Ensure all food is cooked and presented in an attractive and palliative way.
- Responsible for accurately weighing, measuring and properly using recipes in producing a standard product.
- Demonstrate a conscientious attitude in daily operations through portion control and eliminating waste.
- Perform food production work efficiently, while monitoring a neat and sanitary work area.
- Ensure portion control of all items is per resident’s orders and preferences.
- Ensure temperature of all food items is per standards and is recorded for compliance.
- Promptly report malfunctioning equipment or food shortages.
- Ensures a clean, orderly, and efficient kitchen when working.
- Assist in training and orientating of new personal.
- Act as the subject matter expert in the dietary department / kitchen- may oversee and train others engaged in food preparation activities.
- As needed, assist in dining room (washing dishes, pots, pans, utensils) cleaning the area and restocking.
- Follow procedures and guidelines in food cooling, hot food holding and prevention of cross contamination.
- Ability to modify a recipe to meet the needs of restricted diets or numbers to be served.
- Maintain an accurate stock count / stock control.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One to two (1-2) years of experience as a cook or an equivalent position.
- Experience in cleaning, maintaining sanitary environments and large scale food production.
- Ability to adapt to flexible work schedule (mornings/afternoons/nights/weekends, some holidays as needed, etc.) and changes in daily work hours/schedule
Your information will be kept confidential.