Shift Supervisor - Cascade
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Shift Supervisor / Pet Care Advisor
At Chow Hound Pet Supplies, our mission is quite simple - to offer the best pet products possible, to help pet parents with any questions they may have, and to give back to the communities we serve. We hope that you can be a part of that goal as a leader in our team! As a shift supervisor, you can have the satisfaction of leading our retail associates, and supporting our assistant and store managers. Being a supervisor at Chow Hound is a perfect way to strengthen your leadership experience in a fast paced and exciting environment.
We expect all our customers to receive the best customer experience possible and all our team members are there to make that happen. From greeting customers, checking customers out at the register, restocking shelves, giving pet care advice, merchandising - we all do it all!
About Your Career
- Ensures that all animals in our care are being taken care of properly up to including being fed, watered, clean enclosures and staying in compliance with our company standards.
- Provides exceptional customer service to all customers in the store up to and including demonstrating knowledge of store products, services and promotions.
- Knows how to efficiently operate the cash register which involves accurately entering sales information, receiving payments for products, and processing credit card transactions or making correct change.
- Demonstrates good merchandising skills to make the store appear as neat and well-presentable as possible. Helps with store resets, building and changing endcaps, putting out stock from trucks or the warehouse onto the sales floor shelves, rotation of perishable goods and maintains an overall clean and safe work environment.
- Support and supervise retail associates on each shift to achieve all above goals with excellent time management and leadership skills.
- Open and close the store, perform opening and closing duties including reconciling and counting cash register drawers.
- Perform any office work assigned by Store and Assistant Managers.
Some of the Perks!
- Advancement Opportunities - at Chow Hound Pet Supplies we believe in promoting from within as much as possible and developing our associates to have a career path. If you put in the work, you will be rewarded! Advancement Opportunities in the stores include:
- Assistant Manager
- Store Manager
- Educational Opportunities - if you're a pet fanatic, you will get great training in store, through our training programs, and through company-wide training events to learn about the pet care in the pet industry.
- Flexible Scheduling - we will work with you as much as possible to accommodate your needs.
- Employee Discounts - because we love our associates so much, we offer employee discounts of up to 30% on everything in the store! You heard that right, everything! We also allow all of our associates to get discounts on grooming services, obedience training services and free pet washes.
- Free Pet Food Program - we want to feed your dog or cat on the house! We offer a free bag of dog or cat food on a regular basis to our associates so they can keep their bellies full on the best foods in the pet industry! Some conditions apply.
- And More!
Reports to: Assistant Manager, Store Manager
Supervises: Retail Associate
- This position requires night and weekend availability.
- This position requires working in both the internal and external environment.
- This position requires working in both hot and cold temperatures.
- This position requires ability to complete home deliveries.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Chow Hound Pet Supplies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All eligible applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other p
AddressGrand Rapids, MI
RetailView all jobs at Chow Hound