Truck Driver (Class C)
- Posted: August 13, 2022
Why work for Choicelunch?
Choicelunch is a team of passionate people dedicated to making wholesome, tasty meals that kids love - providing the ultimate experience in ordering and delivery. We strive for balance in meeting the needs of the company, co-workers, and family. We offer competitive pay and benefits including:
- Starting Pay is $22.00
- Medical, dental, vision plans after 30 days (Choicelunch partially pays for employees & dependents) *
- Paid time off
- Commuter Benefits (up to $75/month)
- 401(k) after 1 year of service (company matched to a maximum of 4%)
- Hiring Immediately (Schedules are typically based on school calendars, Holidays & Summers)
At Choicelunch, employee health and safety is our top priority as such, we are adhering to CDC, State, and local orders with regard to COVID-19. We implemented precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities such as temperature checks, mandatory face masks, etc. COVID-19 vaccination will/may be required before the start of employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
To operate a medium-duty delivery truck or similar vehicle to deliver and pick up high-quality lunches to schools in the local area. Committed to meet or exceed the expectations and goals of Choicelunch in providing healthy school lunches.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Ensures accurate, timely and safe delivery of all food.
- Maintains a positive, professional image- well-groomed & adheres to company dress code.
- Properly Operate & Maintain delivery vehicles and equipment.
- Maintain accurate and timely delivery records including time & temperature recording.
- Knowledge of multiple delivery routes requirements.
- Maintain a valid driver's license, proof will be required after hire
- Maintain a clean driving record, within company's acceptable evaluation range
- Perform other related duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, &/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to properly manage individual route distribution to ensure each customer accurately receives all products and equipment each and every service day.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with, peers, management and school staff in a professional manner. Ability to maintain calm under pressure.
- Customer Service focused with the understanding that meeting the expectations of our schools is paramount to success.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, flexible and dependable with a strong work ethic, with the ability to work independently as well as a member of a team.
- Knowledge of safe working techniques and ability to train, monitor and enforce safe working habits, as well as maintain a safe working environment.
- Ability to safely lift 50 lbs and move equipment up to 350 lbs and safely operate a lift gate.
- This position requires a valid driver's license, proof will be required after hire.
Physical demands and work environment:
- Physical demands: while performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. Employees must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs, and safely move HFB's which way upwards for 250 lbs and safely operate liftgate. Specific vision abilities required by the job require close and distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time, and on occasion may be exposed to cold temperatures in the walk-in refrigerator for extended periods of time. The noise level is usually moderate.
Choicelunch offers competitive pay; PTO, medical, dental and vision benefits after 30 days; commuter benefits and a company-matched 401K savings plan after 1 year of service.
Apply online now to be considered for interviews this week.
Mon to Fri
Choicelunch provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Choicelunch