Role: Classification and Compensation Analyst
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direction of the Assistant Vice President, is responsible for providing system-wide HR services on issues relating to job and organizational design, compensation, position classification, workforce planning and analysis, and other HR matters.
The Classification and Compensation Analyst will be responsible for:
- Serves as a resource and provides consultative services and integrated operational support on classification, compensation and other HR matters.
- Prepares and maintains system-wide job descriptions; ensures descriptions accurately reflect the work being performed by incumbents confirming alignment with the patient experience and strategic direction and goals of the system.
- Engages in job design through development of new titles based on industry benchmark standards, practices, and internal processes.
- Benchmarks jobs against survey data and other market intelligence to determine competitive compensation ranges for each position
- Prepares and maintains job classifications and salary scales
- Performs ad-hoc and routine workforce analysis and analytics in support of compensation structure, succession planning, organizational design and other strategic HR related projects; runs PeopleSoft queries and prepares status updates and outcome reports as requested.
- Conducts impact and cost analyses when necessary.
- Ensures consistent application, interpretation and compliance of all system-wide personnel policies with applicable federal, state and city rules and regulations by analyzing existing and new legislation, anticipating legislation and advising management on needed actions; conducts research related to new and/or proposed legislation, industry standards and other HR-related issues.
- Prepares technical documentation, reports and communications related to classification, compensation or related matters for system-wide distribution.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE JOB:
- NYC Residency Recommended
- CCP or SHRM-CP/SCP Preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 4+ years of relevant experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent with 2+ years of relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Knowledge of human resource laws, regulations and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- Two to four years of prior compensation experience
COMPUTER PROGRAMS/SOFTWARE OPERATED:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Peoplesoft (preferred)
Send your salary requirements with resume
Choice Personnel Inc.
Why Work Here?Choice Personnel Inc. is a mid-sized full service staffing organization based in New York City. The company, which was established in 1974, is among the leading personnel services in the metropolitan area putting people to work in temporary, contract and permanent positions in the following disciplines: accounting/finance, information technology, office administration, fashion, legal, travel, hospitality and light industrial. Over the years, our individual approach, full-service philosophy, and market expertise have combined to make us a leader in the field; a position we have maintained through our dedication to superior service.
Great company and benefits to match!