Our client is seeking an Administrative Assistant for their Meetings, Events and Travel Services Department. They are looking for a mature, high energy, upbeat individual, who is a motivated self-starter. The position is temp to perm role.
The Administrative Assistant supports the production of the events and the General Service Board, including Conference, Regional Forums, General Service Board weekends. The incumbent is an active participant of the Meetings, Events and Travel Service department and collaborates on event ideas and event execution.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides administrative support to the Meetings, Events, and Travel Services team. Assists with travel arrangements and expense reports utilizing new systems.
2. Functions as the primary liaison with the corporate travel agency.
3. Tracks and processes invitation responses and updates events manager/supervisor;
4. updates databases to ensure event participants receive communications from office.
5. Provides on-site support for the clients, assists with document preparation, copying, distribution of materials; assists with the A/V set up and testing.
6. Responsible for processing event payments and invoices; preparing overnight shipments; ordering supplies; coordinating shipments to conferences and major meetings; creating name tags, dinner place cards and like collateral's, and other duties as assigned.
7. Maintains digital and hard copy records.
1. 3-5 years of experience with corporate events planning or support administrative experience.
2. Experience with corporate travel agencies.
3. Possess expert oral and written communications skills, including the ability to record and finalize minutes, draft reports, letters and other communications.
4. Excellent administrative and organizational skills that include accuracy and attention to detail, the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
5. Demonstrate overall sound judgment and discretion. Also demonstrates well developed problem-solving and decision-making skills.
6. Ability to work individually and cooperatively with a team.
7. Demonstrate strong computer skills, IT literacy, and willingness to master new technologies and systems.
8. Ability to interact with a diverse group of peers,trustees, consultants, and advisors.
9. Possesses a basic knowledge and understanding of the Alcoholics Anonymous program, Fellowship infrastructure and its focus on companies services.
10. Ability to travel.
11. They would prefer a bilingual Spanish/English Assistant.