Choice Med Group is looking for a friendly, knowledgeable, and compassionate Medical Receptionist for our specialty practice. We are a medical cannabis clinic devoted to improving the health and well-being of those we serve by providing the necessary certification needed for qualified patients to begin medical marijuana as a treatment option. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to make a difference in an emerging field of medicine. You can help give patients an effective new treatment choice that puts them in control of managing their health in a way that is powerful, productive and comfortable.
If you are medical receptionist with front office experience and exceptional people skills, who treat's patients with respect and care, work for a practice that will value your contribution, then we want to hear from you!
Our clinic locations are in north Clearwater, St. Petersburg and Brandon; all locations are easily accessible from Pasco and Hillsborough.
Background check and references required prior to hire.
• Exam room set up, clean up, and rooming of patients
• Assist Physician/Physician Assistant with pre/post op appointments and procedures in a clean environment
• Answer clinic phone lines, schedule office appointments, make patient reminder calls
• Assist office manager with front office administrative duties.
• Support patient charting utilizing EMR
• Must be willing to travel to clinic/satellite location as needed (if necessary)
• Diploma or equivalent as a Medical Receptionist (Certification preferred)
• 1 year recent Medical Receptionist experience in a medical clinic setting (preferred)
• Superior communication skills: patient-focused, welcoming, detailed oriented, ability to remain professional, upbeat and positive in a busy clinic environment
• Clear understanding of HIPAA standards and patient confidentiality
• Excellent driving record, valid driver's license and ability to travel between clinics (as needed)
• Experience with EMR
• Basic computer skills, able to type at least 50 wpm
• Ability to be flexible with scheduled work hours in order to meet clinic needs
• Must have consistent, punctual and reliable attendance
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to do the following (not an all-inclusive list):
• Sit or stand for prolonged periods
• Ability to bend, stoop, reach, and walk
• Assist in the safe transfer of up to 20 pounds
• Understand and respond to a diverse patient base
• Perform repetitive motion activities including computer keyboard and mouse
• Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 /hour