JOB TITLE: Ryan White Case Manager
REPORTS TO: Client Services Manager – Knoxville
STATUS: Regular Full-Time, Non-Exempt
COMPENSATION RANGE: $17-$19/hour
Position Available August 1, 2020
Note: Compensation based on factors such as job duties, education level, position autonomy and supervisory responsibilities
The Ryan White Case Manager provides comprehensive case management services including the provision of advice and assistance in obtaining medical, social, community, legal, financial, and other needed services to People Living with HIV/AIDS (PLWH).
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Assist participants in development of a strength-based/solution-focused individualized goal and action plan that promotes self-sufficiency.
- Develop an effective, timely referral network to ensure ongoing direction and support as needed.
- Provide information and referral assistance regarding available support from appropriate social service agencies and/or community programs.
- Provides Ryan White intakes and assessments in both the office setting and on home visits when necessary.
- Assures that intake processing and assessment is timely and complete
- Assist in development of a personal budget and provide budget counseling and education to assist clients in maintaining a household budget
- Identify participant strengths and barriers to stability and assist participants to reducing barriers and linking to resources and services.
- Maintain accurate daily logs records, monthly outcome reports, and files for each client.
- Transport clients as deemed necessary. Transportation requirements should be limited to medical appointments and occasional visit to relevant social service agencies.
- Keep an accurate account of funds spent and remaining for program specific assistance budgets
- Complete expense forms, mileage logs, and request for payments for assistance categories as necessary and be responsible for the ordering and pick up as necessary of food vouchers, gas cards, and bus passes.
- Collect and report program data.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Excellent communication skills, particularly listening, mediation, and writing skills.
- Possess strong organizational skills with ability to meet a demanding workload.
- Detail oriented to complete requirements of files and contract compliance.
- Creative thinker/adaptive personality.
- Concentrated record keeping, budgeting, and mathematical skills; ability to produce required reports to federal, state. and local government agencies and funding sources.
- Fluency in the English language is required. Spanish speaking ability is an added asset but is not required.
- Experience with computer and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Valid driver’s license and a car.
- Sensitivity to cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of population served.
- A commitment to empowering others to solve their own problems.
- A conviction about the capacity of people to grow and change.
- The ability to establish and set appropriate limits with persons served to help them gain skills and confidence.
- The ability to work collaboratively with other personnel and/or service providers or professionals.
- The capacity to maintain a role to empower clients and to intervene appropriately to meet service goals.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- People with lived experience of substance use, incarceration, homelessness, and sex work; people of color; members of the LGBTQIA+ community; and, people living with HIV and/or hepatitis C are encouraged to apply.
- Requires knowledge Ryan White Program and belief in Ryan White program philosophy and strategies.
- Minimum Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services preferred or a minimum of a two years degree in Human related services and two years related experience.