JOB TITLE: Therapist
REPORTS TO: Client Services Director
STATUS: Regular, Full-Time/Exempt
Position Available: July 1, 2020
Choice Health Network is the medical and social services agency under Positively Living. Choice Health Network serves vulnerable groups struggling to survive the challenges created by HIV/AIDS, homelessness, mental illness, addiction, and disabilities. We work to improve the lives of the people we serve through stigma free health care, advocacy, therapy, socialization, housing, case management, and peer support.
The therapist is skilled at clinical interventions designed to help disenfranchised populations reach their treatment goals and improve well-being. The therapist works as part of an integrated treatment team, collaborating with medical clinic staff and case managers. The therapist is passionate about providing holistic, potentially long-term therapy for clients with mental health and substance use disorders and understands the importance of a strong therapeutic alliance, healthy boundaries, and consistent self-care.
Work week is Monday-Friday with day-time hours 9:00 to 5:00pm; Friday 9-Noon.
· Excellent collaborative and problem-solving skills,
· Evidence-based therapy intervention with a weekly case load of 20-25 patients
· Complete biopsychosocial diagnostic intake assessments with new clients to fully assess clients’ mental health needs
· Collaborate with clients to develop individual treatment plans and communicate diagnoses and therapeutic process to clients
· Facilitate group therapy
· Assess client levels of care and provide case management around referrals, as needed
· Collaborate with interdisciplinary team, including physicians, nurses, and case managers to provide integrated care for all mental health clients
· Maintain accurate, timely, proficient and confidential clinical documentation using electronic medical records
· Collect and report outcome data to gauge client progress and improve clinical skills
· Compassionate and caring demeanor
· Ability to build rapport with clients
· Strong leadership qualities
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Experience providing therapy from a trauma-informed framework, EMDR training preferred
· Passionate about learning new clinical skills
· Licensed mental health provider (LMSW, LCSW, etc.)
SALARY: Negotiable and based on experience
Choice Health Network
Why Work Here?Healthcare/Social Services Agency
Sick and vacation Paid Time Off, friendly work environment, employer paid insurance, mission based organization.