Medical Administrative Support (General Clerk II)
Naval Health Clinic Quantico, Virginia
Medical administrative support (General Clerk II/GCII) services shall be provided for the Naval Health Clinic (NHC) Quantico, Virginia in the following areas: the Outpatient Medical Records Office. For the Outpatient Medical Records Office, the GCII shall perform an average of 83,200 medical administrative support actions annually with an estimated 1,600 medical administrative support actions per week.
- GCII shall follow the MTF Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to provide administrative support services to the Military Treatment Facility (MTF).
- GCII shall receive, greet, and inform patients, visitors, and hospital personnel and provide accurate responses in a friendly, courteous, and concerned manner.
- GCII shall fax, copy, scan, print, and type documents to complete daily tasks listed within this contract and the MTF SOPs.
- GCII shall utilize the Composite Healthcare System (CHCS), the Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Applications (AHLTA), and various other databases in support of patient care and to satisfy administrative requirements.
- GCII shall maintain a level of productivity comparable with that of other individuals performing similar services.
- GCII shall complete orientation training required by the MTF for new personnel.
- GCII shall complete all annual training required by the MTF. This includes annual information awareness training and HIPAA training.
THE FOLLOWING TASKS SHALL BE PERFORMED IN SUPPORT OF THE OUTPATIENT MEDICAL RECORDS OFFICE:
- Receive requests for /registration via fax, telephone calls or patient (family) walk-ins.
- Review requests for /registration for completeness and accuracy including legibility.
- Perform Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) checks on all patients for whom /registration requests are received.
- Notify provider and or the Medical Records Administrator (MRA) of any patient failing the DEERS check.
- Verify all patient (family) demographic information for each /registration.
- Register patients in the CHCS if required in accordance with current policies.
HOURS OF OPERATION.
0730 and 1700 for an 8.5 hour period Monday through Friday
- Be a U.S. Citizen.
- Possess a High School Diploma or GED certificate.
- Possess one year of experience providing medical administrative support services.
- Possess experience using basic software applications, e.g. Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Possess two years of experience within the last five years in medical registration/discharge and medical records administration at a military treatment facility. Experience in one of the following areas is helpful: medical administrative support services, medical front desk operations, and/or referral processing, tracking and closure.