Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Eglin/Hurlburt/POTFF)
Choctaw Global Eglin Air Force Base, FL
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: vision, dental, medical,
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
The Licensed Clinical Social Worker will function within an operational unit, as a Behavioral Health Care Provider and is responsible for the application of social work procedures and techniques, including interviewing, behavioral assessment, and evidenced-based therapies, in the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of psychological and neuropsychological disorders using the following skills: individual, family and group psychotherapy, couple's therapy, alcohol and drug treatment evaluations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Attend and participate in meetings during normal duty hours, professional staff conferences and other appropriate professional activities such as, but not limited to the following: quality improvement meetings, professional staff meetings, commander's staff meetings, and other meetings required by applicable regulations or as directed by the unit Commander of his/her designee.
- Conduct applied research and clinical investigations in clinical/behavioral health/organizational social work.
- Consult with medical personnel, legal authorities, military commanders and school districts as required.
- Maintain accurate and current notes in the paper medical records (if created) and electronic medical records of all patients seen, as appropriate, and produces reports of evaluation and/or treatment.
- Participate in military specific training/activities (e.g., security clearances, use of the DoD or service specific clinical practice guidelines, pre-post deployment screening, PTSD, and combat stress) and others as directed by the unit Commander or his/her designee. This position may include clinical supervision of unlicensed providers or trainees.
- May be required to perform some, or all, of the following activities: Participates in and successfully completes required DoD or service required training; Contact referred patients to assess treatment adherence; Use validated symptom inventories to assess current symptom severity; Assess barriers to treatment adherence and help patient problem-solve solutions to barriers; Provide patients with education regarding their mental health condition and treatment regimen; maintain patient information in a patient registry; maintain accurate and current notes in the electronic medical records of all patients contacted for review by the managing physician; Routinely staffs difficult cases with the referring provider, behavioral health consultant and/or psychiatry consultant; and Performs case management functions.
- Master of Social Work (M.S.W.) or equivalent (MSSW, MSSA) degree from a graduate school of social work fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
- Maintain a current, unrestricted clinical license to independently practice social work in any one of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Maintain credentialing requirements in good standing at a local MTF.
- Minimum of two (2) years within the past five (5) years in the independent practice of clinical social work in a mental health setting.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of professional standards and ethics regarding the delivery of clinical social work services.
- Experience in brief behavioral interventions.
- May be required to receive and maintain clinical practice privileges.
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Must comply with Safety, Health and Environmental plan, policies and procedures.
- Must comply with the Quality Assurance plan, policies and procedures.
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance.
- Responsible for completing all required training.
- Perform other assignments and duties, as required.
Desired Education, Experience, Skills or Training:
- Prior military and/or SOF experience.
- Experience working in a Government setting such a DOD or Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) MTF.
- Position requires U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status.
This position does not offer relocation.
AddressEglin Air Force Base, FL