Support Services Manager
Choctaw Defense Services Kodiak, AK
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Support Service Division Manager plans and supervises the daily operations within designated business spaces. Responsible for inspecting malfunctioning equipment, supervising custodial workers, planning maintenance schedules, and ensuring compliance with government health and sanitation standards for all buildings and grounds. Primary Duties:
• Generates work assignments, manages schedules, sets priorities, assigns daily tasks, reviews employee performance, recommends or initiates personnel actions and determines qualifications of new employees.
• Manages teams of technicians, tradesmen and laborers to perform preventative and routine maintenance on facility equipment and vehicles.
• Inspects completed work according to program Quality Control specifications.
• Ensure appropriate training of all personnel assigned to Support Services.
• Monitor overall performance to make sure targets are met.
• Recommend measures to improve production, performance, and quality.
• Review and approve time records for payroll processing.
• Draft’s policies, procedures, plans and guidance for support services operations to ensure uniformity of company goals.
• Reviews purchase requisitions submitted by subordinate staff.
• Performs other qualified duties as assigned. Competencies:
• Customer focused: Putting customers first and demonstrating a commitment to service leading to satisfaction for both internal and external customers.
• Teamwork & collaboration: Demonstrates ability to work as part of a multifunctional team to meet desired business goals.
• Accountability/Responsibility: Takes ownership of own work and assumes responsibility for either successfully accomplishing objectives or not meeting them.
• Interpersonal skills: Demonstrates the ability to manage and motivate others.
• Planning & organization: Effectively plans what is to be achieved and properly coordinates and involves all relevant stakeholders.
Required Education, Experience, Skills:
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• Familiar with contract administration
• Working knowledge of vehicle, equipment and ground support equipment repair and maintenance
• Must be able to communicate clearly (oral and written) in the English language with both internal and external clients and co-workers
• Valid Driver’s License
• Must be proficient in MS Office Programs
• Successful candidate will be expected to maintain HAZWOPER First responder compliance as well as ICS 200 competencies.
• AS Degree or higher in Facilities Management, Business Management or related field
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for sitting, walking or standing, lifting, pushing, pulling, twisting, throwing, reaching, squatting, stretching, bending for prolonged periods of time; at times lift and carry as much at 45 pounds.
Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be borne by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Job is performed in various settings at the USCG Base Kodiak, in office settings as well as in the various shops, commercial buildings, residential housing units, mechanical rooms and potential confined spaces in all type of inclement weather conditions.
• Position will supervise direct reports Additional Qualifying Factors
• Must be able to complete criminal record background check
• Must be able to drive a company vehicle and be insured
• Must comply with all company policies
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $97,000.00 per year
Choctaw Defense Services
Choctaw Defense Services, Inc. is a tribally-owned Certified Small Business 8(a) contractor offering program management, maintenance, facility support, and staffing services to government and commercial clients across the globe. Our commitment to delivering quality solutions and reliable staff with steadfast professionalism remains the priority. These offerings are delivered with thorough communication, no surprises, and agility at each stage of every project. It is our privilege to serve you as you entrust us to fulfill your business needs.