Manages and provides oversight for all daily operations of the Base Operations Support Services (BOSS) contract for Base Kodiak, Alaska supporting the United States Coast Guard (USCG) in accordance with established Choctaw Defense Services (CDS), USCG, and Government policies, procedures, systems, and requirements. Serves as the primary Point of Contact (POC) between CDS and the Government. Has autonomy to make decisions driving successful execution of the contract. Responsibilities include project execution and strategy, contract changes, customer daily relations, subcontractor relations, and program reporting. Demonstrates a high level of analytic skill managing multiple tasks and large workforces.
- Must be physically present (or have or an individual designated to act on his or her behalf) on site during normal working hours and are available to meet with Government personnel on base within 30 minutes during normal working hours and within one hour at all other times
- Full authority to negotiate and sign for the company on modifications and Level III Work Orders up to $150,0030 and to delegate this authority to Contractor personnel responsible for preparation of Level III job cost proposals and Level II to III Service Work proposals with proper coordination from contracts management
- Solves complex technical, administrative, and managerial problems. Displays excellent customer relations and interpersonal skills and has experience with all aspects of project management (i.e., technical, contractual, HR, administrative, financial).
- Maintains required technical and financial reports to show progress of projects to CDS senior management and the customer and organizes all project work and assigns responsibilities to subordinates.
- Ensures that Quality Assurance (QA), Environmental and Safety for all project activity are being exercised and that the successful completion of all assigned tasks are recorded.
- Allocates personnel and assets to support changes in work requirements or emergencies/contingencies without degradation of other commitments.
- Coordinates efforts of other company operational groups in preparing or responding to specifications or requirements.
- Plans and directs the maintenance and repair of installation buildings by coordinating projects with customers, explaining the scope of the work and impact to the customer, scheduling contractor activities
- Conducts regular weekly meetings with department leaders to ensure full compliance in the delivery of services in accordance with the performance work statement
- Authority to act on the behalf of CDS for prompt action on matters pertaining to the contract
- Communicate directly with the local Coast Guard contracting representatives on a daily basis for total mission support
- Ensure that all contract requirements are met or exceeded
- Define performance objectives, including contract requirements, productivity improvements, customers’ goals and applicable standards, codes and regulations
- Oversee the recruitment, hire, and training of staff in full compliance with EEOC and the company’s Affirmative Action Plan
- Serve as POC for resolution of customer complaints
- Make frequent visits to each functional area to stay abreast of all activities, ensures each activity is in full compliance with the terms and conditions of the contract and applicable military regulations
- Monitor each operation through inspections, performance and operational reports, and liaison with managers, supervisors, employees, and Government staff members.
- Ensures fire, safety, quality control, emergency response, and hazardous material and waste management plans are established and effectively implemented.
- Positive Attitude/Enthusiasm
- Diversity/interpersonal Skills
Required Education, Skills and Experience
· Four years’ recent (performed within the last three years) experience managing Base support services similar in size, scope and complexity
· Bachelor’s degree or e quivalent in Mechanical, Electrical, or Civil Engineering or Five (5) years’ experience in related field can be substituted for each year of the four (4) years of college.
· Familiar with financial commitments and budgeting
· Familiar with requirements of U.S. Government FFP and IDIQ contracts
· Computer literate in project management and spreadsheet applications
Knowledge, Skills & Ability
· Possess increasing work experience showing good communication, interpersonal, managerial, motivational and organizational skills
· Must be task oriented, self-motivated, with the ability to multitask, and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
· Experience using PPMC/PMBOK standards for projects
· Strong technical and programmatic leadership skills to manage projects
· Interpersonal skills necessary to lead, coach, and mentor others toward a desired outcome.
· Ability to develop and accomplish independent work plans, clearly defining objectives.
· Ability to coordinate and lead complex projects.
· Skill in working independently and following through on assignments.
· Proven expertise in facility maintenance/logistic support.
· Ability to coordinate material, information, and/or people in a systematic way to optimize efficiency and minimize duplication of effort.
· Advanced computer skills (MS Office, One Note, MS Project)
· A Military background with experience in Facilities Management and Logistics
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for bending, stooping, sitting, walking or standing for prolonged periods of time; most of time is spent sitting in a comfortable position with frequent opportunity to move about.
Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be borne by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Job is performed mostly in an office setting with exposure to computer screens and requires extensive use of a computer, keyboard, mouse and multi-line telephone system. The work described herein is primarily a modern office setting.
· Must be able to complete criminal record background check
· Must be able to drive a company vehicle and be insured
· Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance necessary
· Must comply with all company policies
This company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions
without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.