General Descriptions of Responsibilities:
Painting, protective coating, and redecorating walls, woodwork, fixtures, and repairing and replacing wall coverings.
- Assess surface peculiarities and types of paint required for different applications.
- Prepare surface for painting by removing old finish or by placing putty or filler in nail holes or interstices.
- Apply paint with spray gun, brush, or roller.
- Mix colors, oils, and other paint ingredients to obtain proper color or consistency.
- Use portable radios to communicate with supervisor and service desk.
- Determine materials needed for repair work and prepares requisition.
- Responsible for timely reporting of accidents, injuries, and hazardous situations.
- Perform all other work-related duties as assigned.
- Timely completion and accuracy of all work.
- Working closely and harmoniously with other employees.
- Adherence to contract requirements, safety and health regulations, and company policies.
Work may be performed both indoors and outdoors. Outdoor work is subject to extreme temperatures and inclement weather conditions and other conditions determined by the nature of the job. Tasks may be performed on uneven, inclined, hard, cement structures and surfaces.
Job Requirements Mandatory:
- Class C Texas Driver’s License.
- Knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Three years of similar experience.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to understand and have working knowledge of hazardous, safety, and environmental warnings.
- General knowledge of all maintenance and construction trades.
- Must be able to climb ladders, scaffolds and walkways, and be able to complete assigned tasks in high or confined spaces.
Job Requirements, Preferred:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.