Job Summary: Repairs, rebuilds, or overhauls major assemblies of internal combustion automobiles, buses, trucks or tractors. Performs body repair, painting, preventative and corrective maintenance to a variety of light-duty vehicles in the shop and in the field, utilizing departmental equipment as authorized and available to accomplish the work. Individuals assigned to this classification will operate under the general direction of our Shop Lead and in accordance with established procedures and methods.
- Performs body repair and painting on vehicles
- Perform routine metal repairs to vehicle bodies and mainframes, inspect and repair body damage, including hammer out or patch dents, dimples and other minor body damage
- Realign frames and chassis to repair structural damage using a hydraulic jack and pulling device, fit, attach and weld replacement parts into place
- Removes damaged fenders, panels, and grills, using wrenches and cutting torch
- Removes upholstery, accessories, electrical and hydraulic window, seat-operating equipment, and trim to gain access to the vehicle body and fender
- Install, repair and weatherproof windows and windshields
- Align the headlights and wheels of vehicles
- Bleed the hydraulic brake system
- Prepare accurate and legible Service Reports and Work Orders read and comprehend blueprints, technical data and service manuals
- Review damage reports prepare cost estimates and order parts
- Performs repairs on all types of equipment in a timely and efficient manner with a high level of quality
- Performs work assignments on all types of equipment in a timely and efficient manner with a high level of quality
- Performs general preventative maintenance and repair on a veritity of vehicles and equipment
- Accumulate contaminated dirt and filters in drums. Complete stock transfer and transport full drums using the forklift to Hazardous Waste Storage area
- Perform all other work-related duties assigned.
- Positive Attitude/Enthusiasm
- Diversity/interpersonal Skills
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- High school education or G.E.D equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License
- Auto-body repair Certification or equivalent experience
- Alaska Hazardous Paint Handler’s License or ability to obtain within six (6) months of hire
- Previous experience with windshield repair, replacement and sealing to a high level of quality
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Additional training for Hazardous waste Accumulation, Pollution Prevention and other training related to the position may be required
- Ability to understand working knowledge of hazardous, safety, and environmental warnings
- Must be able to provide their own hand tools
- Must be able to assist in other mechanical repairs assigned to the shop
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to obtain Forklift Certification within six (6) months of hire
- Ability to obtain and maintain a favorable National Agency Check (T1)
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds, and team lift 51 pounds or more
- Knowledge and adherence to OSHA safety standards.
- Two (2) years of previous experience in the field
- Manufacturer accredited training certificates or certifications
- Must be able to complete a criminal record background check (T1).
- Must be able to drive a company vehicle and be insured.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance if necessary.
- Must comply with all company policies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for bending, stooping, sitting, walking or standing for prolonged periods of time; most of the time is spent standing with frequent opportunity to move about.
Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be borne by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Work may be performed both indoors and outdoors. Outdoor work is subject to extreme temperatures, noise, inclement weather conditions, and other conditions determined by the nature of the job. Tasks may be performed on uneven, and or inclined surfaces.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.