Job Summary: maintain in good repair building woodwork and equipment such as bins, cribs, counters, benches, partitions, doors. Work involves most of the following: planning and laying out of work from blueprints, drawings, models, or verbal instructions, using a variety of carpenter's hand tools, portable power tools, and standard measuring instruments, and making standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work; and selecting materials necessary for the work. In general, the work of the maintenance carpenter requires rounded training and experience usually acquired through a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience.
- Hanging doors, building and installing countertops
- Replacing windows, building and installing thermopanes
- Repair and replacement of garage doors
- Construct, erect, install, or repair structures and fixtures made of wood, such as concrete forms
- Building frameworks, including partitions, joists, studding, and rafters; and wood stairways, window and door frames, and hardwood floors.
- May also install cabinets, siding, drywall, and batt or roll insulation
- Sheetrock repair
- Planning and laying out of work from blueprints, drawings, models or verbal instructions using a variety of carpenter’s tools, portable power tools, and standard measuring instruments
- Making standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work
- Determine materials needed for repair work and prepares requisition
- Maintains and repairs building woodwork and equipment such as bins, cribs, counters, benches, partitions, doors, floors, stairs, etc.
- Use portable radios to communicate with supervisors and service call desk
- Responsible for timely reporting of accidents, injuries, and hazardous situations
- Perform all other work duties assigned.
- Positive Attitude/Enthusiasm
- Diversity/interpersonal Skills
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- High school education or G.E.D equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License
- Basic computer skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite and applicable business software
- Carpentry Certificate issued by Vocational schools / technical colleges or Journeyman Certificate issued from Carpenters Union
- General knowledge of all maintenance and construction trades
- Must be able to climb ladders, scaffolds, and walkways; be able to complete assigned tasks in high or confined space
- Ability to obtain and maintain a favorable National Agency Background Check (T1)
- Must be able to clearly communicate by radio and phone
- Certified in Confined space (Entry, Attendant and Supervisor)
- Knowledgeable and competent to operate hand tools and power tools
- Must be able to communicate clearly (oral and written) in the English language.
- Previous experience of (2) years or more in a like or similar position
- Must be able to drive a company vehicle and be insured
- Must comply with all company policies.
- Must remain in good standing with the local Teamsters 959 Union
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for bending, stooping, sitting, walking or standing for prolonged periods of time; most of the time is spent standing position with frequent opportunity to move about. As a normal function of this job, you will lift 50 lbs., and the team lifts 51 lbs. or more
Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be borne by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Work may be performed both indoors and outdoors. Outdoor work is subject to extreme temperatures, noise, inclement weather conditions, and other conditions determined by the nature of the job. Tasks may be performed on uneven, and or inclined surfaces.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Choctaw Defense ServicesChoctaw Defense Services is a tribally owned 8(a) contractor offering facility support services to government and commercial contractors across the globe.