Oversees operations and maintenance of the Water and Waste Water Treatment Plants.
- Responsible for daily issuance of work tasks, establishing work priorities and ensuring all employees are meeting deadlines
- Ensures completion of daily plants operation in addition to all Lead duties
- Supervision of all personnel assigned to the water and wastewater treatment plants
- Completion of monthly, quarterly and annual reports and other deliverables required
- Responsible for EPA and ADEC compliance
- Track work orders and material requests, provides delay notifications to management in a timely manner
- Coordinate work with personnel from various shops within the company
- Ensures compliance with the requirements of the Quality Control Inspection plan.
- Familiar with all Company QA/QC and safety procedures/regulations and strictly enforces them within the department
- All other duties as assigned
- Strong leadership and team building
- Diversity/interpersonal Skills
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- ICS- 200 Training
- Valid AK CDL with Tank Endorsement
- Alaska State Water Treatment Level 3 and Wastewater Treatment level 2
- Ability to communicate ideas effectively with personnel at all levels
Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Computer skills using personal computers, Windows-based operating system; and Microsoft Office Suite Professional Edition is required.
- Possess increasing work experience showing good communication, interpersonal, motivational and organizational skills.
- Must be able to respond to call for work outside of normal working hours
- Must be able to communicate clearly by radio
- Must be task oriented, self-motivated, with the ability to multitask, and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Confined Space Competent
- Must have minimum 2 years experience at a Water and Wastewater Plant of comparable size and type to the facilities at USCG Base Kodiak’s direct filtration, pressurized water filter and aerobic digestion with UV wastewater treatment plant, including experience with SCADA, PCS/HMI
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job duties may require maintaining physical condition necessary for bending, stooping, sitting, walking or standing for prolonged periods of time; working requirements are a combination of maintenance shop activities which require lifting, handling or moving up to 50 lbs, working in on top of or beneath vehicles or equipment on jacks/stands; and office settings for data entry and reporting. Proper wearing of Personal Protective Equipment is essential along with hearing protection when required.
Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be borne by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The work described herein is primarily active, performed in a warehouse setting and delivering furnishings at multiple locations. Walking and lifting will be required at work sites. The work environment involves risks or discomforts that require specific safety precautions typical of such places as warehouse and furnishings delivery environments.
· Must be able to complete criminal record background check
· Must be able to drive a company vehicle and be insured
· Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance necessary
· Must comply with all company policies
· Must remain in good standing with the local Teamsters 959 Union
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.