- Loads and unloads trucks, and other conveyances.
- Move supplies and materials to proper location by Hand, Wheelbarrow or trucks.
- Dig, fill and tamp earth excavations.
- Level ground using pick, shovel, tamper and rake.
- Shovel concrete, soil and asphalt.
- Clean culverts and ditches.
- Cut trees and brush.
- Cuts vegetation using walking-type or riding mowers (less than 2000 lbs.).
- Operates power tools such as lawnmowers, weed eaters, edger’s, blowers, drills, air hammers, earth tampers, generators, air compressors, sump pumps, concrete saws, routers, etc.
- Trim hedges and edge around walks, flowerbeds, and wells, using hedge trimmers, clippers, and edging tools.
- Prune shrubs and tress to shape and improve growth using shears and other hand tools.
- Plant Sod, flowers, Spread Grass seed, trees, and shrubs.
- Water lawn and shrubs during dry periods using hose or activating sprinkler systems during the day or night.
- Pick up and cart away leaves, paper, or other litter.
- Spread concrete and asphalt on concrete and paving jobs using the appropriate hand tools for the job.
- Clean hand tools, machinery and work area.
- Wash wax, vacuum, and polish vehicles.
- Move and arrange heavy pieces of office and household furniture, equipment, and appliances.
- Move heavy pieces of machinery and equipment.
- Spread sand and salt on icy roads and walkways.
- Responsible for timely reporting of accidents, injuries, and hazardous situations.
- Perform operator maintenance such as lubricate and make minor repairs to Mowers and attachments such as tightening bolts, replacing washers, replacing blades & sharpening, cotter pins, screws, cleaning, greasing, checking fluid levels, and adding as required, checking tire air pressure, braking system, to mower, and make operator adjustments, and repairs.
- Perform all other work related duties as assigned.
- Timely completion and accuracy of all work.
- Working closely and harmoniously with other employees.
- Adherence to contract requirements, safety and health regulations, and company policies
- Meeting safety performance standards and completing all work safely.
- Work may be performed both indoors and outdoors.
- Outdoor work is subject to extreme temperatures, noise, inclement weather conditions, and other conditions determined by the nature of the job.
- Tasks may be performed on uneven, and or inclined surfaces.
Job Requirements Mandatory:
- Class C Texas driver’s license.
- One-year similar experience.
- Knowledge of hand held power tools.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to understand working knowledge of hazardous, safety, and environmental warnings.
- Understand safety and work direction in English.
- Obtain and maintain a National Agency Check (NAC).
Job Requirements, Preferred:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- General knowledge of all maintenance and construction trades.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.