Job Summary: cleans and keeps in an orderly condition factory working areas and washrooms, or premises of an office, apartment house, or commercial or other establishments.
- Cleans and keeps in orderly condition USCG working areas, offices, and sleeping quarters.
- Duties involve a combination of the following:
- Sweeping, mopping or scrubbing, and polishing floors
- Removing chips, trash, and other refuse
- Dusting equipment, furniture, or fixtures
- Polishing metal fixtures or trimmings
- Providing supplies and minor maintenance services
- Cleaning lavatories, showers, and restrooms.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Perform all other work-related duties assigned.
- Positive Attitude/Enthusiasm
- Diversity/interpersonal Skills
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to communicate clearly (oral and written) in the English language
- Valid Driver’s License
- Understanding of SDS System and use of chemicals and disinfectants
- Must have knowledge of acceptable maintenance services including occupational safety and health regulations
- Must have the ability to follow directions with limited supervision
- Must be able to determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to complete each task assignment
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds, and team lift 51 pounds or more
- Previous Janitorial experience
- Must be able to complete a criminal record background check (T1).
- Must be able to drive a company vehicle and be insured.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance if necessary.
- Must comply with all company policies.
- Must remain in good standing with the local Teamsters 959 Union
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for bending, stooping, sitting, walking or standing for prolonged periods of time; most of the time is standing in a comfortable position with frequent opportunity to move about.
Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be borne by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Work may be performed both indoors and outdoors. Outdoor work is subject to extreme temperatures, noise, inclement weather conditions, and other conditions determined by the nature of the job. Tasks may be performed on uneven, and or inclined surfaces.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.