IT Support Technician
Choctaw Defense Services Kodiak, AK
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees. The specifications listed are not intended to reflect all job duties performed within the job.
The Personal Computer Support Technician provides support to distributed PC/networking environment including installation, testing, repair, and troubleshooting stand-alone PCs, PCs linked to networks, printers, and other computer peripherals for the BOSS Contract at USCG Base Kodiak.
- Maintains, troubleshoot, and works with PC hardware, PC software, and local area networks and servers
- The Personal Computer Support Technician provides support to distributed PC/networking environments including, but not limited to, installation, testing, repair, and troubleshooting for stand-alone PCs, PCs linked to networks, printers, and other computer peripherals and portable devices
- Support responsibilities include, but are not limited to, software installation, upgrades, configurations, and file backup systems
- Successfully perform technical, operational, and training support to users of personal computers either by telephone, or on-site for PC desktop hardware and software packages
- Job duties require the technician to install and test personal computers, printers, and other peripherals, configure operating system, load shrink-wrap programs, and other application software programs
- In this position, the incumbent troubleshoots computer problems, performs hardware and software diagnostics, coordinates needed repairs, resolves computer system problems, including coordination between users and components of a local area network, and participates in the evaluation of system configuration and software
- Manage user accounts and permissions on 3rd party software Gather data and write basic reports in our Computerized Maintenance Management Software
- All other job duties assigned
- Great interpersonal skills; ability to explain complex information technology processes to non-technical coworkers
- Knowledge of ethical computing practices
- Knowledge of laser printer hardware and maintenance
- Knowledge of structured cabling
Education, Experience, Skills:
- High school education or G.E.D equivalent preferred
- Valid Alaska driver’s license
- 2 years experience IT help desk support
- Ability to troubleshoot personal computer and basic networking issues with minimal supervision
- Able to write comprehensive and readable technical process documents
- Experience with Windows 10 Operating System
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Associates Degree in a technical-related field
- A+ certification
- Computerized Maintenance Management Software
- webTMA by TMA Systems LLC or similar
- Video Surveillance Systems
- Apple iOS mobile devices
- Wireless communications for computer networks
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must
be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining the physical condition
necessary for bending, stooping, sitting, walking, standing, climbing ladders, or
driving company vehicles. Ability to lift 50 pounds.
Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those that
must be borne by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
Job is performed primarily in an office setting, with occasional work being
performed outside in the field, installing or repairing various types of IT equipment.
Environments will include but are not limited to utility plants, dusty rooms, drop
ceilings, and man lifts. Some personal protective equipment (PPE) usage will be
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Additional Qualifying Factors
As a condition of employment, may be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and have acceptable reference and background check results to obtain access to the military base. Having reliable transportation to/from work is a necessity and must be used in able to obtain access to military installations.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Choctaw Defense Services
Choctaw Defense Services, Inc. is a tribally-owned Certified Small Business 8(a) contractor offering program management, maintenance, facility support, and staffing services to government and commercial clients across the globe. Our commitment to delivering quality solutions and reliable staff with steadfast professionalism remains the priority. These offerings are delivered with thorough communication, no surprises, and agility at each stage of every project. It is our privilege to serve you as you entrust us to fulfill your business needs.