General Descriptions of Responsibilities:
Installs, services and repairs environmental-control systems in residences, office buildings, other buildings and other commercial establishments, utilizing knowledge of refrigeration theory, pipe fitting and structural layout.
- Mount compressor and condenser units on platform or floor, using hand tools, following blueprints or engineering specifications.
- Fabricates, assembles and installs duct work and chassis parts, using portable metalworking tools and welding equipment.
- Installs evaporator unit in chassis or in air-duct system, using hand tools.
- Cuts and bends tubing to correct length and shape, using cutting and bending equipment and tools.
- Cuts and threads pipe, using machine threading or hand-threading equipment.
- Joins tubing or pipes to various refrigerating units by means of sleeves, couplings or
- unions, and solders joints, using torch, forming complete circuit for refrigerant.
- Installs expansion and discharge valves in circuit.
- Connects motors, compressors, temperature controls, humidity controls and circulating ventilation fans to control panels and connects control panels to power source.
- Installs air and water filters in completed installation.
- Injects small amount of refrigerant into compressor to test systems and adds Freon gas to build up prescribed operating pressure.
- Observes pressure and vacuum gauges and adjusts controls to insure proper operation.
- Tests joints and connections for gas leaks, using gauges or soap-and-water solution.
- Wraps pipe in insulation batting and secures them in place with cement or wire bands.
- Replaces defective breaker controls, thermostats, switches, fuses and electrical wiring to repair installed units using electrician’s hand tools and test equipment.
- Install, repair and service air conditioners in warehouses and other buildings.
- Use portable radios to communicate with supervisors, and service call desk.
- Determines materials needed for repair work and prepares requisition.
- Responsible for timely reporting of accidents, injuries, and hazardous situations.
- Perform all other work-related duties as assigned.
- Timely completion and accuracy of all work.
- Working closely and harmoniously with other employees.
- Adherence to contract requirements, safety and health regulations, and company policies.
Work may be performed both indoors and outdoors. Outdoor work is subject to extreme temperatures and inclement weather conditions and other conditions determined by the nature of the job. Tasks may be performed on uneven, inclined, hard, and cement structures and surfaces.
Job Requirements Mandatory:
- Class C Texas driver’s license.
- EPA certification.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Technical or trade school completion
- Computer proficiency.
- Knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Three-year similar verifiable experience.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to understand and have working knowledge of hazardous, safety, and environmental warnings.
- General knowledge of all maintenance and construction trades.
- Must be able to climb ladders scaffolds and walkways; be able to complete assigned tasks in high or confined spaces.
Job Requirements, Preferred:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.