Financial Compliance Auditor
Choctaw Defense Services Kodiak, AK
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
A Financial Compliance Auditor ensures that the company's payroll is in good order and in compliance with the Davis Bacon Act, company policies, and contractual requirements. Review financial data, focusing on discovering fraud or errors in corporate financial documents.
- Supporting in financial planning and meeting revenue goals for the company to include
- Analyzing data (historical and current)
- Identify trends and patterns in data
- Make budget recommendations
- Reconcile Financial transaction records
- Document and maintain the financial directions, business processes, structure of the business and audit issues.)
- Audits company payroll records for accuracy and compliance with labor regulations for SCA wage determinations and Davis Bacon.
- Analyzing the root cause of problems in business and finding effective solutions
- Coordinating and attending team meetings and collecting feedback from team members
- Collaborating with the accounting department for preparing financial records and supporting in audit process
- Evaluating and implementing necessary changes as required in business processes
- Defines and implements company policies in controlling costs
- Ensures company is adhering to all federal and state and contract requirements
- Gain understanding of business operations, evaluate controls and prepare audit reports with value added recommendations
- Interacts and collaborates with both local and corporate management in a professional manner.
- Manages accounting clerks in their completion of financial and audit duties to ensure compliance with Federal, State and company policies
- Asses the controls, reliability, and integrity of the company’s internal control environment to assist with maintaining and improving efficiency and effectiveness of risk management, internal controls and corporate governance.
- Ensures compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation
- All other job duties as assigned
- Positive Attitude/Enthusiasm
- Diversity/interpersonal Skills
Required Education, Experience, Skills:
- High school education or G.E.D equivalent preferred
- Knowledge of Davis Bacon Act as it relates to classification of work
- At least two (2) years of progressive business operations experience
- Must be able to communicate clearly (oral and written) in the English language with both internal and external clients and co-workers
- Must have experience with ADP, TMA or other payroll systems
- Valid Alaska Driver’s License
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and managerial skills
- Must be able to perform different tasks simultaneously
- Strong leadership ability, to guide and lead employees to solve workplace problems
- Must be able to demonstrate a professional attitude both inside and outside the company
- Must be able to analyze situations quickly and take bold steps to make decisions in the best interest of the company
- Must have good understanding of entire business process and functions to ensure smooth operations
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Suite software programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Associates degree in business
- Previous work on military/government facilities/equipment maintenance contracts
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for sitting, walking or standing, lifting, pushing, pulling, twisting, throwing, reaching, squatting, stretching, bending for prolonged periods of time; at times lift and carry as much at 50 pounds.
Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be borne by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Job is performed in various settings at the USCG Base Kodiak, in office settings as well as in the various shops, commercial buildings, residential housing units, mechanical rooms and potential confined spaces in all type of inclement weather conditions.
Supervisory Responsibility Supervises direct reports.
Additional Qualifying Factors
• Must be able to complete criminal record background check
• Must be able to drive a company vehicle and be insured
• Must comply with all company policies
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Choctaw Defense Services
Choctaw Defense Services, Inc. is a tribally-owned Certified Small Business 8(a) contractor offering program management, maintenance, facility support, and staffing services to government and commercial clients across the globe. Our commitment to delivering quality solutions and reliable staff with steadfast professionalism remains the priority. These offerings are delivered with thorough communication, no surprises, and agility at each stage of every project. It is our privilege to serve you as you entrust us to fulfill your business needs.
Finance and Insurance