General Descriptions of Responsibilities:
Performs a variety of electrical trade functions including the maintenance, repair, installation, and modification of equipment for the distribution and utilization of electrical energy, to include kitchen equipment commercial appliances.
- Maintains, repairs, installs, modifies, troubleshoots, loads, and tests new and installed electrical equipment and components including secondary distribution lines and circuits used to supply distribution panels, switch gear, power and control circuits, motors, multi-phase alternating current circuits, wiring systems, industrial complexes, and buildings, high intensity lighting systems, and related equipment.
- Plans and determines the routing, placement, type, size, gauge, balance, load, continuity, and safe operation of electrical lines, circuits systems, equipment and controls, working from building plans, blueprints, wiring diagrams, layouts, engineering drawings, and maintenance and repair manuals.
- Determines size, type, and gauge of wiring, coupling, straps, conduits, etc. to install electrical circuits, equipment, and components.
- Utilize various conduit systems to include PVC, flexible, rigid, and electrical metallic tubing.
- Locating and diagnosing trouble in the electrical system or equipment.
- Working standard computations relating to load requirements of wiring or electrical equipment.
- Use a variety of electrician’s hand tools measuring and testing instruments.
- Use portable radios to communicate with supervisors, and service call desk.
- Determines materials needed for repair work and prepares requisition.
- Responsible for timely reporting of accidents, injuries, and hazardous situations.
- Perform all other work-related duties as assigned.
- Timely completion and accuracy of all work.
- Working closely and harmoniously with other employees.
- Adherence to contract requirements, safety and health regulations, and company policies.
Work may be performed both indoors and outdoors. Outdoor work is subject to extreme temperatures, noise, and inclement weather conditions and other conditions determined by the nature of the job. Tasks may be performed on uneven, inclined, hard, and cement structures and surfaces.
Job Requirements Mandatory:
- Class C Texas driver’s license.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Electrician’s license.
- Knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Three-year similar experience.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to understand and have working knowledge of hazardous, safety, and environmental warnings.
- General knowledge of all maintenance and construction trades.
- Must be able to climb ladders scaffolds and walkways; be able to complete assigned tasks in high or confined spaces.
Job Requirements, Preferred:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Technical or trade
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.