Job Summary: aid military and civilian personnel regarding their entitlements for shipment and storage of personal property (e.g., household goods, unaccompanied baggage, privately owned vehicles, and special items such as mobile homes and large boats) and for official travel.
- Utilize the Air Force related automation systems when performing traffic management services.
- Knowledge of the instructions, regulations, directives, local operating procedures, governing entitlements, and shipment of personal property and passenger travel.
- Counsel members from all branches of the Armed Forces, Reserve Components, and other government agencies concerning their personal property movement and counsel members on storage entitlements and claim procedures.
- Provide members information on the methods and procedures for performing a personally procured move (PPM).
- Operate the base scale for local moves and for PPMs.
- Receive PPMs, ensure all necessary documents are provided, and compute the government's constructive cost in accordance with AFI 24-501, JTR, DTR and all applicable regulations.
- Counsel walk-in customers and provide courteous customer service.
- Observes, documents, and evaluates carrier or contractor's performance.
- Ensure carriers/agents and contractors submit weekly shipment on hand reports and closely monitor timely movement of the shipments.
- Ensure quality control reports are promptly submitted to JPPSO/Quality Assurance.
- Recommend carrier/agent warning, suspension or for disqualification when the carrier/agent violates provisions of th Tender of Service, rate tariff/tender rules, or other legal requirements.
- Complete the Personal Property Quality Control Inspector's Worksheet or automated equivalent each day.
- Conduct local warehouse inspections and inspect the DPM contractor's facilities for lost/astray personal property.
- Perform inbound/outbound residential and phone inspections and inspect storage shipments.
- Enters inspection results into TOPS or other Air Force related automation systems.
- Prepare and process applications for transportation and/or storage of personal property.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with local carriers/agents to ensure full compliance
- with the Tender of Service and other contractual documents.
- Actively works to resolve concerns/complaints of authorized shippers when shipping/receiving personal property.
- Operates a government vehicle safely.
- Obtain port call reservations and monitor the services provided by the Commercial Travel Office to ensure city pair rates are used when available.
- Provide the travelers with specific flight instructions and inform travelers of their responsibilities.
- Submit billings/invoices to the Government COR for review and signature.
- Screen, process, and manifest passengers departing from the airfield.
- Respond to a range of questions from government agencies, activity personnel, customers, commercial carriers, and/or others regarding the shipment and storage of household goods and movement of passengers.
- Perform additional duties and other clerical/administrative tasks in support of transportation work.
- Process outbound and incoming passengers for ground or air transportation during deployment exercises or real--world contingencies.
- Service includes baggage check-in and loading, checking identification of passengers, manifesting, and briefing.
- Enter passenger data in GATES or another approved computer system.
- Complete self-inspection checklists and provide detailed responses to checklist items.
- Able to perform the duties of this position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Maintain and update Continuity binder, operating Instruction, Checklist, Forms, etc.
- Perform all other work-related duties as assigned.
Required Education, Skills and Experience, Mandatory:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years similar experience.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Proficient in use of basic office automation software to perform functions such as standardized word processing, scanning, copying, and receipt of transmission of electronic mail.
- Current driver's license is required.
- Obtain and maintain National Agency Check plus Written Inquiries (NACI).
Skills and Experience:
- Skilled in the Transportation Operational Personal Property Standard System (TOPS) or other related Air Force automated systems.
- Knowledge of safety and security regulations, practices, and procedures.
The work is normally performed in an office, involves minimal risk or discomfort, and requires normal safety precautions May be periodically exposed to inclement weather conditions and the risks involved in driving motor vehicles. The work is adequately lighted, heated and ventilated.
- May be required to work other than normal duty hours and perform on-call duty.
- May also be required to take part in readiness and deployment exercises and work twelve-hour shifts.
- Performs other administrative duties assigned by the Traffic Manager.
- Some TDY travel required.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.