Performs the carpentry duties necessary to maintain in good repair building woodwork and equipment such as bins, cribs, counters, benches, partitions, doors, floors, stairs, casings and trim made of wood.
- Hanging doors, building and installing counter-tops
- Replacing windows, building and installing thermopanes
- Repair and replacement of garage doors
- Construct, erect, install, or repair structures and fixtures made of wood, such as concrete forms
- Building frameworks, including partitions, joists, studding, and rafters; and wood stairways, window and door frames, and hardwood floors.
- May also install cabinets, siding, drywall and batt or roll insulation
- Sheet rock repair
- Planning and laying out of work from blueprints, drawings, models or verbal instructions using a variety of carpenter’s tools, portable power tools and standard measuring instruments
- Making standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work
- Determine materials needed for repair work and prepares requisition
- Maintains and repairs building woodwork and equipment such as bins, cribs, counters, benches, partitions, doors, floors, stairs, etc.
- Use portable radios to communication with supervisors and service call desk
- Responsible for timely reporting of accidents, injuries and hazardous situations
- Perform all other work-related duties as assigned
- Positive Attitude/Enthusiasm
- Diversity/interpersonal Skills
Education, Experience, Skills:
- Carpentry Certificate issued by Vocational schools / technical colleges or Journeyman Certificate issued from Carpenters Union
- High school education or G.E.D equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License
- General knowledge of all maintenance and construction trades
- Must be able to climb ladders, scaffolds and walkways; be able to complete assigned tasks in high or confined space
- Must be able to clearly communicate by radio and phone
- Certified in Confined space (Entry, Attendant and Supervisor)
- Knowledgeable and competent to operate hand tools and power tools
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for bending, stooping, sitting, walking or standing for prolonged periods of time; carry materials and tools to work site up to 50lbs regularly and 51+ occasionally by team lifting. This position requires manual dexterity sufficient to use hand tools.
Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be borne by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position requires the ability to maneuver around maintenance sites, see, hear, and verbally communicate with co-workers and clients. Ability to perform manual labor under dirty and uncomfortable situations and in all types of weather. Work in inclement weather environments for extend periods. May be required to be on call on a rotational basis as directed. Travel to remote sites may be required.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Additional Qualifying Factors:
- Required to pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results to obtain access to military base.
- Having reliable transportation to/from work is a necessity and must be used in able to obtain access to military installations.
- Must remain in good standing with the local Teamsters 959 Union
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.