Full-time and part time 3rd shift available! EOW required.
General Statement of Position
Under general supervision, provides assistance in the personal care and protection of the residents in assisted living, participates in resident engagement, ensuring that activities services are available and provided to residents to help fulfill their basic psychological, social, and spiritual needs.
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Know and understand the vision, purpose, values and goals of Anthem Memory Care.
- Cares for residents in the community adhering to all facility policies and procedures;
- Provides assistance in resident care including cleaning and bathing, personal hygiene, dressing residents, bed making, taking blood pressure, assisting in ambulating, grooming, helping to activities and other functions;
- Reports unusual symptoms and problems of residents to supervisors immediately;
- Monitors the emergency call system for emergency calls and responds appropriately;
- Cooperates with the dining staff and provides general assistance with resident meals and clean-up; may set tables, serve meals, clear tables and straighten dining room after meals;
- Assists lead resident assistants and other staff, as needed;
- Maintains daily records;
- Assists with emergencies and with safety instruction for residents such as fire drills, etc.;
- Answers telephones using Anthem telephone techniques and assists visitors in an assertively friendly manner;
- Conducts work tasks safely and in compliance with the community safety program;
- Provides effective and courteous service to all residents, guests and co-workers;
- Attends in-service training workshops, seminars, and meetings;
- Promotes and protects the rights of all residents;
- Performs other related essential duties as required.
- Provide daily encouragement to residents for involvement in activities available via verbal invitations and reminders. This should include both group and individual activities
- Provide escort services and/or directions to/from activities residents are interested in
- Evaluate residents’ reactions during activities and report unusual observations to Life Engagement Director or Clinical Services Director along with documenting behavioral problems and/or changes
- Provide assistance in keeping activities areas orderly and decorated appropriately
- Assist Life Engagement Director in ensuring that residents’ activity needs are being met via 1:1 visitation, encouraging intellectual and educational development through literature, movies, cultural events, and some forms of stimulus in the rooms of the residents who are unable to leave their rooms
Minimum Training and Experience
- A high school education
- Some vocational/technical training in the nursing field preferred
- At least five months experience in a related field
- OR any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
Certification and Clearance Requirements
- Requires First Aid and CPR certification through the American Red Cross;
- Must receive criminal records clearance from the Department of Justice and FBI;
- Must have health screening and T.B. / CXR clearance.