I am looking to hire a full-time BioMed / field service technician to work in the Houston/Gulf Coast area. My company Chiropractors Resource, LLC / Advanced Calibrations, LLC sells and services capital equipment to the Chiropractic market as well as the Physical Therapy clinics in the Houston/Gulf Coast and Central Texas areas. I am looking for someone who is mechanically inclined that has electrical experience as well as some knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems. They need to be personable, as a lot of times a small repair might turn into a bigger job if the technician is able to point out other items that need to be repaired or replaced. Eventually, the technician could be instrumental in selling a new piece of capital equipment because of the knowledge they have gathered from working on the equipment.
Duties would include:
*The technician needs to be able to provide technical knowledge and the ability to test, repair and maintain medical devices. Equipment includes chiropractic adjusting tables, physical therapy equipment, ultrasound and other modalities.
* Repair, install, maintain, calibrate and inspect medical equipment
* Perform preventative maintenance and electrical safety testing of medical equipment, devices and systems
* Diagnose and correct system equipment malfunctions
* Ability to be able to interpret schematics and wiring diagrams
* Ability to lift up to 50/100 lbs of equipment if necessary
* Ability to push/pull equipment, kneel, bend, and stand from a laying position during equipment repair
* Skill in manual dexterity, hand to eye coordination, and color vision
* Must be self-disciplined, ability to work with minimum supervision once trained, and manage time efficiently
* Input and maintain documentation electronically
* Maintain a high standard of customer service
* Excellent writing, listening and speaking skills are essential for receiving information from and conveying it to clients and colleagues
* You must be able to trouble shoot the source of the problems and come up with solutions
This job can be physically demanding as you are on your feet most of the day and manipulating large pieces of medical equipment.
The technician would need their own reliable vehicle, cell phone and would office from home. I expect my employees to be able to work with minimal supervision once trained and be able to go straight to the job site from their house. Once trained they need to be able to problem solve issues that come up in the field and contact the support correct person to help them. We provide all tools, testing equipment, inventory, iPad etc. They would be reimbursed for mileage as well as any other work related expenses. This is a salary position with no medical benefits.
I started Chiropractors Resource, LLC over 27 years ago and Advanced Calibrations, LLC 5 years ago. My business has grown by word of mouth and my reputation is very important to me. I am looking for a team member who can help me continue to grow my business and maintain the integrity of my reputation that I have worked so hard to build.