Chiquita Fresh North America Dania Beach, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
POSITION OVERVIEW: Reporting to the NA Transportation Manager, this role will focus on daily planning, monitoring, and execution of transportation requests (bookings) to Fruit and Commercial Liner customers. The process begins with the receipt of the transportation request from the customers (Fruit & Commercial Cargo) via TMS and ends with the delivery of the cargo to its destination as requested. The process includes (1) the tendering of the loads to the carriers at a pre-approved rate and following the corresponding routing guide, (2) the follow up during the transit from origin to destination in order to anticipate, resolve, and communicate any exceptions, and (3) the validation of any accessorial charges incurred during the execution of the transportation service so that the transportation request is properly closed in the TMS system. Planner will utilize the TMS (Blujay) and MCS Dispatch Systems to perform daily duties. The candidate must have proficient oral and written communication, strong analytical skills, attention to details, as well as a desire to foster external and internal relationships.
This is an exempt position within the Inland Transportation Department which promotes team work and task completion rather than fixed work schedules. The primary duty of this role is office/non-manual work directly related to management or general business operations of the employer. This role includes discretion and independent judgement in matters of significance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reception of the transportation requests (bookings) from internal customers to delivering the cargo to the corresponding destination in the requested timeframe.
- Assignment of the transportation bookings by tendering the loads to the dedicated fleet or 3rd party carriers depending on availability, pre-approved rates; while making efficient utilization of the fleets.
- Comply with routing guide; identifying and influencing opportunities to drive cost improvement.
- Validate and challenge accessorial charges from carriers incurred during the execution of the transportation service so they are properly accounted for and closed in the TMS system.
- Perform tasks utilizing the Transportation Management System (Blujay), MCS Dispatch System, and e-mail and telephone as necessary, to ensure all bookings are properly closed.
- Timely continuous monitoring of the loads during transit from origin to destination in order to anticipate, resolve, and communicate any exceptions.
- Provide daily execution feedback to Management utilizing established reporting templates.
- Timely communication with Customer Service and Customers as required in order to provide visibility of the Transportation requests.
- On call every 5-6 weeks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 years’ experience in the transportation field.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Strong communication and team skills.
- Experience a planning/coordination transportation.
- Cross-functional capabilities.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
- Most work is performed in a temperature-controlled office environment.
- Incumbent may sit for long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
- Incumbent may use calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment in the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.