POSITION OVERVIEW: Continuously review Chiquita’s Freight Routes and Carriers Network to optimize Cost and Service. This is an exempt position.
- Evaluate and define the network configuration required to service Chiquita’s operation including the portfolio of carriers (dedicated fleet, contract carriers, spot, brokers, owned) to leverage inter-modal transportation (containers, trailers, rail, dry ports, dry and refrigerated transfer facilities, etc.).
- Develop the system and parameters to evaluate Chiquita’s Carrier Network and Contracting Protocols.
- Define Monthly and Weekly Transportation Requirements for the Operations to execute and deliver.
- Establish and Monitor Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Performance Indicators for the Business using integrated business systems with Carriers.
- Develop a Carrier Management Program where Chiquita can leverage its consistent year around business of high volume and low complexity freight (homogeneous cargo with one delivery point).
- Continuous evaluation of Carriers Performance and Chiquita’s Transportation Organization to secure sustainability of the operation and business results.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Transportation or Business.
- Minimum of 5-8 years in senior role within transportation business.
- Understanding of the USA Transportation Industry and ability to stay current in main industry trends and technology.
- Negotiation and strategic thinking to leverage Carriers network and Customer needs to position Chiquita as the sustainable and reliable banana solution.
- Strong financial management and budget control to execute the require business trade offs and still achieve lowest cost and reliable service to customer.
- Continuous improvement mindset to be able to challenge normal business practices without compromising day to day business execution but still able to implement new processes and improve business results.
- Most work is performed in a temperature-controlled office environment.
- Incumbent may sit for long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
- Incumbent may use calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment in the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
Chiquita Fresh North America