- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Entry Level Veterinary Assistant
Chimacum Valley Veterinary Hospital is a progressive, AAHA-certified practice looking for experienced and entry-level veterinary assistants to join our thriving and growing team of creative individuals. We agree that co-creating a healthy work environment is every team member's responsibility, and so we hold each other responsible to our mission statement: "Promoting Human and Animal Wellness as We Honor the Human-Animal Bond." Working here is not just about a job to us, it is where we honor our commitment to animals, their caretakers, and to each other -- by cultivating a sense of care and belonging.
We are located on the beautiful Olympic Peninsula, situated amidst the ongoing activities of Port Townsend and the nurturing aspects of nature.
Check us out at www.Chimacumvet.com
- Veterinary Assistant: No experience required, will train.
- Applicant should be very comfortable with computers and relatively quick with typing, in general (we rely on computers heavily)
- Ability to work 2-4 full days per week (open until close), including occasional Saturdays (all staff rotate Saturdays for fairness)
- Ability to co-create a healthy team culture of respect, support, and camaraderie
Sign on Bonus:
- $200 sign-on bonus. $100 paid at completion of 90-day probation period and $100 paid at 6 months of continued employment.
Pay and Benefits
- $15.50 and up, based on experience and ability
- Quarterly profit-sharing bonus program
- Health, dental, vision, accident & life insurance
- Paid time off (PTO) accrual
- 401(k) savings plan with 4% match
- Paid license renewal
- Continuing Education paid (strongly encouraged for whole team)
- Generous personal pet care benefit
- Uniform allowance
- Personal atdove.org CE (Continuing Education) account
- Team building & staff appreciation gatherings
- Co-creation of a healthy work environment in a fast-paced, progressive hospital
Our hospitals are proud to offer:
- Modern facilities & the best veterinary tools (to "make life easier")
- The highest standards of medicine, surgery & client education
- Fear-Free Certification (pending)
- Feline-Friendly Practice Certification (pending)
- AAHA (American Animal Hospital Association) Accredited
- Cloud-based veterinary software, plenty of workstations
- Integrated lab work (on & off-site labs)
- SmartFlow in-house patient care/monitoring
- Advanced imaging (DR digital radiology, new U/S machine with digital radiology consults)
- Modern dental suite incl digital x-ray
- Progressive anesthetic protocols focused on patient care & safety (No shortcuts: warmed IVFT, multimodal anesthesia & pain management, anesthesia monitoring BP, EKG, Sp02), Baer Hugger, CRIs
- Companion class 4 Therapeutic Laser
- Acupuncture, Chinese Medicine & Rehab
- After-hours referrals to ER'
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Chimacum Valley Veterinary Hospital
AddressPort Hadlock-Irondale, WA
Get fresh Entry Level Veterinarian jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.