General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer
Childsmiles Group Llc Roseland, NJ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer is responsible for managing the legal affairs and compliance program of The ChildSmiles Group, LLC, an integrated provider of dental, primary care, and surgical procedures in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. The General Counsel collectively addresses the full range of legal issues, including but not limited to healthcare compliance, fraud and abuse laws, regulatory and reimbursement issues, medical malpractice claims, risk management, patient relations, corporate transactions and governance, real estate, intellectual property, and labor and employment issues.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Effective leadership skills which demonstrate the ability to participate in innovation and change, strategic thinking, and problem solving.
- Superior communication skills in both written and verbal presentation, including all aspects of legal writing technique and procedure, and the ability to convey complex legal concepts to non-lawyers.
- Experience in fraud and abuse, physician self-referral, anti-kickback, privacy, billing and reimbursement, and patient care issues.
- Knowledge of laws and accreditation standards governing the delivery of healthcare by providers and facilities.
- Provides counsel on health care laws including HIPAA, Medicare, Medicaid and other government programs, fraud and abuse, physician self-referral and anti-kickback laws.
- Manages compliance program pursuant to OIG Guidance
- Ensures privacy forms, policies, standards, and procedures are up-to-date
- Takes a lead role, to ensure the organization has and maintains appropriate privacy and confidentiality consents, authorization forms and information notices and materials reflecting current organization and legal practices and requirements.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and ongoing compliance monitoring of all business associates and business associate agreements, to ensure all privacy concerns, requirements, and responsibilities are addressed.
- Works cooperatively with the medical records staff and other applicable organization units in overseeing patient rights to inspect, amend, and restrict access to protected health information when appropriate.
- Manages all required breach determination and notification processes under HIPAA and applicable State breach rules and requirements.
- Establishes and administers a process for investigating and acting on privacy and security complaints.
- Drafting written responses and exhibits in response to requests for information from various regulatory bodies.
- Providing full lifecycle support of Policies and Procedures (identify, evaluate, improve and draft policies and procedures for current and proposed rules and regulatory developments applicable to support the compliance program.
- Helping with new hire compliance onboarding/ offboarding.
- Creating and maintaining a compliance calendar.
- Assisting with a variety of special projects as needed.
- Keeping abreast of regulatory changes, new regulations and internal policy changes in order to further identify new key risk areas.
- Provides guidance on revenue cycle matters, including collection and third-party liability issues.
- Provides guidance on billing and other reimbursement matters for compliance with government and commercial health plan requirements.
- Negotiates, drafts, and reviews contracts and other legal documents, including real estate leases, property and asset acquisitions, purchasing, joint ventures, managed care, physician employment matters and services, licenses and other intellectual property agreements, various affiliations, and financing documentation.
- Supervises and directs outside counsel retained on behalf of the Company or one or more of its subsidiaries
- Performs legal and factual research necessary to draft and analyze various contracts, policies, and other documents and to advise internally.
- Provides counsel for legal aspects of patient care with significant legal dimensions, including informed consent, medical records/privacy issues, and patients' rights issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 Years Healthcare Practice Experience
- In-house experience (preferred)
- Dental experience (preferred)
- NJ Bar (Required), PA Bar (Preferred)
- CIPP/US, CHC, or CPC (Preferred)
Childsmiles Group Llc
LegalView all jobs at Childsmiles Group Llc