Qualifications: High school diploma/GED required and 2+ years’ experience as a Cook in a large serving setting, specifically healthcare/hospital. Serve-Safe Certification required. Candidate must be able to read and follow standard recipes and menus, have strong knowledge of proper food handling procedures, and able to work as part of a team in a busy atmosphere.
· Must comply with the program’s mission, values, and code of conduct.
· Will collaborate with staff dietitian to prepare daily meals.
· Measure and assemble ingredients for menu items.
· Prepare & serve meals/snacks.
· Maintain accurate food inventories.
· Properly store food items at appropriate temperatures.
· Rotate stock items as per established procedures.
· Document refrigerator temperature readings.
· Assist with management of dietary staff.
· Clean & sanitize after meals.