Regional Director of Building Operations
- Posted: over a month ago
General Purpose of the Job:
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Programs, the Regional Director of Building Operations will have oversite responsibilities of the Operations Departments throughout the organization to ensure facilities meet legal, regulatory, and contractual requirements. Provides leadership and direction to the Operations Directors/Managers to ensure the development of strong cohesive Security and Maintenance teams who can sustain and support the vision and mission of the organization by achieving organizational goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in the framing of the vision and direction of current and future programming for the organization in keeping with the organization’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Collaborates with leadership team in assessing properties and identifying the viability of the property for development or use.
- Establishes and measures organizational performance against goals to ensure the families/individuals are provided with a clean, well maintained, and safe living environment.
- Initiates, develops and revised policies and procedures.
- Partners with AVP of Programs to implement seamless workflows and supports.
Contract and Facility Management:
- Coordinates internal facility inspections and in collaboration with the Operations Director/Manager and Program Director develops and monitors the implementation of internal corrective action plans.
- Oversees the preventive maintenance schedule of facility systems and vehicles. Ensures Operations Director/Managers maintain all required records and documentation in accordance with regulations.
- Liaise with government agencies, funders, and landlords with respect to regulatory and contractual requirements.
- Coordinates special projects, collaborates with the Operations Directors/Managers and Directors to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Collaborates with leadership team in managing new construction and renovations.
CQI & Risk Management:
- Collaborates with Program Directors in updating emergency disaster plans. Ensures compliance with emergency disaster plans to ensure client safety and organizational continuity.
- Collaborate with the Director of Quality Assurance, Operations Directors/Managers and Directors in identifying areas for facility improvement and developing/implementing CQI projects.
- Collaborates with the Directors in ensuring timely response to inspections findings and implementation of corrective action plans.
- Monitors occupancy rate to ensure occupancy rate meets 95% threshold. Ensures Operations Director/ Managers prioritize the work of the maintenance teams to ensure units/rooms are turned over within timeframes established by DHS.
- Collaborates with Operations Directors/Managers and Purchasing Agent in obtaining and evaluating proposals for goods and services.
Staff Management & Development:
- Collaborates with the Program Directors in the hiring training and coaching of Operations Directors/Managers. Provides on-going performance feedback and reviews in accordance with organizational policies. Collaborates with the Directors and Human Resources in addressing performance issues of Operations Directors/Managers. Promotes collaboration and effective communication amongst staff and between divisions.
- Oversees the performance management of all Operations staff and identifies areas of growth for staff development. Ensures all Security and Maintenance staff receive required trainings and meet licensing requirements.
- In collaboration with the Directors coordinates the day-to-day activities of the Security and Maintenance teams. Sets priorities and oversees special projects.
- Facilitate effective communication with other staff within an interdisciplinary context, participate in and contribute to staff meetings and the development of policies and procedures.
- Participate in training and staff-development activities to acquire and maintain both interpersonal and operational skills necessary for successful job performance.
- Participate as an active member of the Homeless Services Senior Team in the development of departmental policies and procedures and long-term strategic planning, and function as an effective team member to enhance overall service provision and inter-unit staff collaboration.
Position Parameters [other measurable factors]:
- Decision-making responsibilities: May have to make challenging decisions that could impact the program operations. Ability to influence key and operational management through well-articulated strategies.
- Problem solving responsibility: Proficient in identifying operational problems and formulating and implementing realistic solutions. Prioritizing work and marshaling necessary resources under stressful situations due to client circumstances. Exercise a high level of creativity and the ability to think analytically to effectively problem solve with limited information at hand.
- Working relationships and contacts: Excellent interpersonal relations skills to foster cooperative working relationships with senior leaders, management, employees within other departments, and direct reports. Will have contact with current and potential business partners.
- Impact/importance of function: Accountable for service delivery for client satisfaction and to increase positive productivity between the organization and the client and ensuring the accurate and timely response to issues or concerns that are identified.
Position Requirements and Minimum Qualifications:
- Job-related knowledge:
- Experience with program development and management, assessment and evaluation, governmental and social services funding, and compliance management.
- Job-related skills, including language, mathematical, and reasoning (analytical) skills:
- Skilled in leading, motivating and evaluating the performance of assigned staff. Knowledge of office systems; MS-Office preferred. Process Improvement, Analyzing Information, Strategic Planning, Verbal Communication, Emphasizing Excellence, Attention to Detail, and dealing with multi-site organizational issues.
- Intellectual, creative, and/or communication abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication, and organizational skills.
- Must have incredible initiative, the ability to work well under pressure, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team to complete complex projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be adept and comfortable with crisis management.
- Licenses, certifications, and degrees:
- To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in Security and facilities industry. In addition, must maintain active status of Security and Fire Safety Coordinator Licenses. Driver’s license required. Ten (10) years’ experience in a social service setting including at least six (6) years significant supervisory experience and four (4) years administrative residential program experience involving material management, fire safety and security procedure.
- May be required to work long hours and a varied schedule.
- Travelling throughout various locations in the New York City area.
- Lifting and moving objects weighing up to 30 pounds several times a week.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EEO Statement – Children’s Rescue Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status
Children's Rescue Fund
AddressNew York, NY
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?