Sr Program Manager - Safe Kids Worldwide
Safe Kids Worldwide (Safe Kids) is a nonprofit dedicated to protecting kids from preventable injuries, the number one cause of death for children in the United States. Safe Kids is a separate 501(c)(3) and an affiliate of Children's National Hospital. Safe Kids is a go-to resource to help parents and caregivers keep kids safe from car crashes, fires, falls, poisoning, and more. Through more than 400 coalitions in the United States, Safe Kids works with children's hospitals, trauma centers, first responders, and public health experts to get evidence-informed, life-saving information to families, no matter where they live, to influence behavior change. Safe Kids engages in improving public health and prevention, which includes research, education, awareness, and public policy. Since 1988, the work of Safe Kids has contributed to the more than 60 percent reduction in childhood unintentional injury deaths in the United States.
The Senior Program Manager will manage, develop, and implement injury prevention programs. They will develop a vision for the structure, growth, and management of injury prevention programs, which is fully consistent with the organization's strategic plan. The Senior Program Manager will oversee program planning, management and evaluation of program activities. They will recommend and implement strategies to enhance program impact and reach.
The Senior Program Manager will oversee project teams in the U.S. to ensure effective and timely execution of programs and initiatives, the development of educational materials, evaluation tools and online resources for programs and initiatives. They will work cooperatively across departments, with external partners and network members to develop strategies to influence behavior change through research, awareness, and education. They will collaborate in the future development of programs and provide oversight and direction to the supporting departments to meet program goals.
The Senior Program Manager will serve as the technical advisor for content development for awareness campaigns and on web properties, social media channels and educational resources. They will supervise supporting staff and interns and develop goals and work plans for specific projects. In addition, the Senior Program Manager will work to identify potential program funding opportunities and prepare proposals. The Senior Program Manager will network with other safety agencies, associations and professionals to further enhance the program content.
Domestic/International travel required.
Bachelor's Degree (Required)
Minimum Work Experience
5 years (Required)
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal/people skills.
- Strong verbal and written skills to effectively communicate with partners and to communicate the mission of the organization and articulate the impact of injury prevention programs.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and reporting skills.
- Ability to work effectively and independently in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Creative, adaptive and responsive approach to relationship management highly preferred
- Poise compassion, creativity and integrity coupled with an ability to earn the confidence of a wide range of internal and external constituents
- Successful experience working with staff, affiliates and volunteers to ensure an integrated, organized effort, as well as goal-oriented accomplishments
- A team mentality and an interest in the success of colleagues
- Proven sense for developing tactics to meet goals and objectives
- The ability to work effectively with other staff and to follow approved Safe Kids Worldwide procedures and policies.
Manage Key Risk Areas
- Lead the development of Safe Kids Programs in accordance with the organization's strategic plan and objectives.
- Oversee operational planning, management and evaluation of program activities.
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Safe Kids Worldwide in priority risk areas to ensure sound development and communication of strategy.
Manage Sponsored Program Activities and Initiatives
- Manage the processes and operations for distributing grant funds by creating guidelines, requests for proposals and grant agreements.
- Oversee development of operational planning, management and evaluation of culturally relevant program structure and activities in accordance with the organization's strategic goals and objectives.
- Prepare written reports for senior leadership and sponsors on program outputs and outcomes.
- Work with the Research team to evaluate programs and gather current data on child injury risks.
- Work across departments to develop time lines and project plans to manage key program activities to aid in planning, decision making and processes for implementation.
- Collaborate with private and public-sector organizations in injury prevention.
Coordinate Corporate Sponsor Relationships
- Cultivate, maintain and enhance partnerships with corporate and federal sponsors.
- Manage communication with stakeholders and project teams in the U.S. to ensure effective and timely execution of programs and campaigns.
- Collaborate with the Development team to prepare proposals, project plans and program reports to support and enhance sponsorship.
- Oversee the development of program budgets and monitor flow of funding and expenses to ensure financial compliance.
- Represent Safe Kids at external meetings and on partner work groups/committees.
- Collaborate across all departments to develop tools for national campaigns and programs to ensure injury prevention information is disseminated accurately and effectively.
Promote Safe Kids programs and Resources
- Identify opportunities to present programs to external groups.
- Develop and conduct presentations to promote programs to external audiences, including domestic and international conferences and partner meetings.
- Provide leadership for program workshops at Safe Kids meetings and conventions.
- Coordinate activities and collaborate with the Communication department to ensure injury prevention information is disseminated accurately and effectively to parents and public audiences, including on the SKW website.
- Respond to requests from the general-public and provide information about injury prevention and safety issues.
Leader Accountabilities Manager
- Set and clearly communicate team goals and priorities in alignment with departmental goals and budgets
- Develop the budget and assign resources to meet the team goals
- Provide the resources and guidance required for employees to perform effectively
- Develop procedures to ensure high safety and quality, and course-correct as needed
- Identify customers' needs and ensure service excellence in meeting those needs
- Be the link between the department and the team in defining the strategies to meet team goals
- Provide prompt and clear verbal and written feedback to staff and manage/guide their performance
- Ensure team adherence to regulations, policies and procedures
- Manage the working environment to promote productivity and motivation
- Represent the team in clearing obstacles to high performance
- Recruit talents and develop their capabilities
- Monitor and promote strong employee engagement
- Encourage and share new ways of making the right work easier to do
- Recognize and share incremental improvements in operations
- Promote the success of organizational and department initiatives by clearly aligning programs to the mission
Children's National Health System
1 Inventa PlaceSilver Spring, MD
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.