The Senior Certification Customer Service Representative will be senior staff to provide customer service for the Child Passenger Safety (CPS) Certification program. S/he will assure customers receive accurate information regarding CPS course and recertification registration, billing, payment processing, policies and procedures queries, and other CPS certification-related issues. Responsible for processing payments by credit card, Purchase Orders, E-vouchers and checks.
Bachelor's Degree (Required)
Minimum Work Experience
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Account Resolution and Problem Solving
Proficient in MS Office
Payment processing experience
People skills (including adaptability and empathy, integrity, team work)
Ability to adapt to change and respond to difficult and challenging situations in a professional manner
1. Be extremely familiar and able to navigate the Certification website and online data management systems.
2. Be the first point of contact for requests for CPS-certification related assistance and receive calls, emails and chats from individuals regarding billing/invoice questions, certification requirements, log in assistance and other policy-related queries.
3. Understand CPS Certification program policies and procedures and effectively utilize three specialty systems: certification, course and organization.
4. Work with customers to resolve billing concerns by reviewing accounts and follow-up until needs are met.
5. Communicate with customers any complex certification-related information in a way that they can understand.
6. Provide further certification-related information, process extensions and other special requests, working with their supervisor to address more complicated issues or requests.
7. Exercise sound judgment and critical thinking skills in the execution of job duties and know when to ask for guidance and/or share information with supervisor for uncommon requests.
Customer Service Team Leadership and oversight
1. Assist with the training of Certification Customer Service Representatives.
2. Serve as knowledge resource for Certification Customer Service Representatives.
3. Work with Supervisor to improve processes and best practices that increase efficiency and productivity.
4. Manage/process recertification reminder emails and letters, using the online system.
5. Recognize and share incremental improvements in call/email management.
6. Represent the team in clearing obstacles to high performance.
7. Assist with additional tasks and duties as assigned.
Customer Billing Issues and Payment Processing
1. Develop detailed knowledge of internal billing systems to research billing inquires for certification-related services.
2. Assure prompt processing of payments, applications/registrations, and direct customer service (calls, emails, chats, etc.). This includes direct contact with customers daily.
3. Handle payment and application processing, and associated research of missing items and completing all claims.
4. Process monthly billing, including purchase orders and E-vouchers by email and generating and processing mailed invoices.
5. Integrate information from multiple systems to develop responses to customer concerns or questions.
6. Document actions in system including research findings, complaints, special requests, documentation requested, etc.
7. Assure completion of recertification reminder emails and letters, using the online system.
8. Perform quality checks to assure accuracy and proper invoicing. Assist with additional tasks and duties as assigned.
1. Identify source and work to resolve issues with Certification Customer Service Representatives; refer unresolved issues to supervisor.
2. Provide final communication with customers when complaints are resolved.
3. Train CS staff on timely account resolution to avoid complaints.
Organizational Accountabilities (Staff)
1. Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
1. Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
2. Partner with all team members to achieve goals
3. Receptive to others' ideas and opinions
1. Contribute to a positive work environment
2. Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
3. Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
4. Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
1. Use resources efficiently
2. Search for less costly ways of doing things
1. Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
2. Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
3. Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
4. Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
5. Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
6. Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance