Patient Access Manager
Children's National Health System Washington, DC
- Expired: 25 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Under the leadership of the Director of Patient Access will be responsible for successfully managing the organizational and administrative operations of the 24/7 Patient Access Department. Performs supervisory duties including hiring, training, evaluating and the day-to-day management of the Patient Access team. (Admissions, Emergency Department, Laboratory and Radiology Registration and Scheduling, and Financial Counseling). Emphasis is placed on customer services, patient satisfaction, staff development and fiscal goals. Responsible for assisting in the managing the financial aspects of the department and the quality assurance activities. Works with medical, nursing and accounting staff to ensure appropriate patient placement. This position will rotate call, weekend and shift coverage as needed. In addition, will float between the different locations within Patient Access (SZ Campus, United Medical Center and Off-site Ancillary locations) as needed.
Bachelor's Degree (Required)
Minimum Work Experience
5 years - Managerial experience in healthcare. (Strongly preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to delegate assignments and follow through on details is essential.
- Excellent consumer relations skills required.
- Knowledge of physician, hospital based billing practices preferred.
- Knowledge of hospital scheduling and billing systems.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills and ability to work with information systems.
- Outstanding project management and task prioritization abilities; ability to meet pre-determined deadlines.
- Ability to supervise, counsel, train, and develop staff Advanced technical skills, as appropriate.
- Must possess ability to be effective and efficient in a fast paced environment, managing multiple competing tasks and priorities.
- Proficient in Microsoft products.
- Bilingual a plus
1. Encourage and share new ways of making the right work easier to do
2. Recognize and share incremental improvements in operations
3. Promote the success of organizational and department initiatives by clearly aligning programs to the mission
Human Resource Management
1. Participates in the implementation and evaluation of services, programs, and performance standards to achieve departmental goals
2. Coordinates daily activities of support staff with regard to workload requirements and available resources.
3. Provide ongoing feedback with staff to include rounding, meetings and staff huddles
4. Monitors appointment and registration quality, call quality reporting problems and recommending solutions to ensure standards are met.
5. Monitors department flow, implementing performance improvement initiatives to ensure physician and staff productivity .
6. Monitor time and attendance work quality and behavior and address accordingly
Compliance / Facility Management
1. Promotes awareness of and adherence to organizational, state and federal regulatory standards to ensure quality of patient service delivery
2. Participates in the ongoing assessment of Practice Operations policies and procedures to establish continued feasibility
3. Responsible for the provision of a safe, secure, clean work and patient care environment including the full functionality of equipment and interacting with the applicable business contacts/service vendors to ensure the availability of services at all times
4. Monitors space utilization to ensure proper use of space and expansion needs are met.
Budget and Financial Analysis / Planning Revenue Enhancement
1. Prepares documentation and projections to support the operating and capital budget planning process.
2. Evaluates and recommends purchase of new equipment needed to maximize productivity and quality of care.
3. Implements actions to facilitate meeting budget requirements and administers programs within budgetary guidelines.
4. Provides monthly reports to leadership identifying outcomes and opportunities for improvement
5. Maintains effective working relationships with hospital departments and ROCs and represents CNMC in professional groups and community outreach activities
6. Participates in the planning for new business opportunities and services in support of the CNMC mission.
Charge / Data Entry Processing
1. Ensures that daily reconciliation of schedules and charge documents occurs, that charge documents are complete with CPT and ICD-9 coding, that demographic changes have been made in the system, and that appropriate referrals are attached.
2. Works all established charge reports to correct billing errors and identify staff training needs. Maintains/coordinates filing system of all charge documents
3. Ensure timeliness and accuracy of billing. Responds to inquiries and complaints regarding Charging and data entry
4. Participates in the establishment and revision of procedures, performance standards and productivity targets for staff
Registration and Scheduling Processing
1. Works with staff to ensure accurate and timely registration, insurance verification and copay collection.
2. Monitors the admission processes for compliance according to hospital guidelines and ensure verification of insurance eligibility and coverage and authorization as needed.
3. Ensures accurate and timely scheduling of patient appointments. Routinely monitors customer call quality, compliance and reports trending and corrective actions as needed
Primary Location: District of Columbia-WASHINGTON
Work Locations: Sheikh Zayed Campus 111 Michigan Avenue Washington 20010
Regular / Temporary: R (Regular)
Position Status: FT - Full-Time
Work Schedule: M-F, rotating on call wknds and holidays
For more information, visit www.ChildrensNational.org, receive the latest news from the Children’s National press room, or follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/childrensnational, Twitter at @childrenshealth, Instagram at @childrensnational, YouTube at www.youtube.com/childrensnationalmed.
To see available positions at Children's National, visit www.childrensnational.org/careers.
Children's National Health System
HealthcareView all jobs at Children's National Health System