Assistant Director Email Development CNHF
The Assistant Director, Email Development is responsible for managing the Children's National Hospital Foundation online fundraising and email marketing platform. This includes coding and sending all emails for teams across the foundation, creating and maintaining donation forms, building and updating surveys, and overseeing the design and functionality of our peer-to-peer platform. The Assistant Director ensures that design and layouts of emails and web pages are optimized and user- and mobile-friendly in order to provide an exceptional digital experience for donors and prospects as the foundation strengthens donor relations and builds a fundraising pipeline. Collaborates with the Associate Director, Email & SMS Marketing to drive the organization to become a leader in the digital fundraising space. Applies email and web design best practices and finds new opportunities to improve the use of email, SMS, and digital fundraising to support the foundation's cultivation, prospecting, and stewardship priorities. This role helps integrate and implement the digital fundraising strategy across all of the foundation's programs and services to support and improve upon the overall Foundation marketing.Minimum Education
Bachelor's Degree Computer science, business, marketing or related field (Required)
Minimum Work Experience
4 years Experience with a best-in-class organization possessing a strong online presence (Required)
4 years Designing and coding best-in-class responsive emails using HTML and CSS in an email management system preferably Luminate Online (Required)
Proven work experience as an Email Coder and Web Developer
Design, develop, and test high quality emails and fundraising pages with exceptional attention to responsiveness across devices, browsers, and operating systems
Proficiency in email marketing automation
Knowledge of SEO/SEM and Google Analytics
Familiar with email marketing platforms preferably Luminate Online
Excellent written communication and copywriting skills
Strong project management skills and exceptional attention to detail
An ability to work under tight deadlines
Ability to collaborate across functions/teams
Familiarity with Blackbaud Raiser's Edge is a plus
- Develop, test, and maintain functionality of all online donation forms and peer-to-peer fundraising pages
- Code and execute all email and SMS campaigns, including building emails from templates and HTML, asset coordination, QA and scheduling
- Provide ongoing technical support; troubleshoot email and fundraising page issues
- Analyze digital results and trends to help inform strategies that drive revenue and pipeline growth
- Work in partnership with designers and copywriters to optimize email creative and template structure based on best practices
- Collaborate with the Associate Director to execute A/B tests, manage testing calendar, record results, and advise on improvements. Testing includes subject lines, message content, CTAs, segments, send time and new features to drive performance lift
- Work with internal stakeholders to manage email and SMS frequency between program touchpoints to minimize database churn
- Constantly look for new ways to improve the overall email program through new technology, tools, partners, trends and best practices
- Provide excellent attention to detail to ensure best quality of work
- Manage Multiple projects simultaneously
- Meet deadlines
- Serve as the link between the department and the team in defining the best approach and execution to meet team goals.
- Provide prompt and clear verbal and written feedback to staff and inform them of plans and provide project updates.
- Ensure team adherence to regulations, policies and procedures.
- Manage the working environment to promote productivity and motivation.
- Represent the team in clearing obstacles to high performance.
- Recruit talents and develop their capabilities.
- Monitor and promote strong employee engagement.
- Encourage and share new ways of making the right work easier to do.
- Recognize and share incremental improvements in operations.
- Promote the success of organizational and department initiatives by clearly aligning programs to the mission.
Organizational Accountabilities (Staff)
- Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
- Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
- Partner with all team members to achieve goals
- Receptive to others' ideas and opinions
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
- Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
- Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
- Use resources efficiently
- Search for less costly ways of doing things
- Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
- Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
- Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
- Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
- Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
- Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
Children's National Health System
1 Inventa PlaceSilver Spring, MD
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.