Fundraising Development Manager
- Posted: 14 days ago
Fund Development Manager
Location: Devou Park (Covington, KY) campus
Department: Development Office
Position Reports to: Chief Development Officer (CDO)/Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
FLSA Status: Exempt (salaried)
Profile Last Updated: January 2023
The Fund Development Manager plays an essential role in the development department working closely with CHNK Behavioral Health’s (CHNK) CEO contributing to the fundraising strategies of the organization as well as fostering positive relationships with our donor and community partners. This position develops and implements a comprehensive fund development plan across multiple platforms and audiences to attract donors, increase awareness, and build public engagement leading to philanthropic financial support.
This position provides support and leadership for the Annual Fund, Grants Management, Major Gift proposal development, Special Events (including an annual fundraising breakfast), maintaining the Donor Database, and providing general support for all fund development activities including a planned, comprehensive Capital Campaign effort.
Essential Job Functions:
- Annual Fund
- Managing CHNK’s Direct Mail, email, and other media direct solicitation vehicles for donors
- Oversight and management of a Donor Portfolio of Top 50 Annual Fund Donors ($1,000 - $2,500), which includes direct solicitation of those individual donors
- Grants Management
- Liaison With Outsourced Grant Writer to maximize funding from grant sources including private foundations, corporations, etc.
- Major Gifts Support for CEO
- Proposal Development and Strategy
- Special Events
- Annual Breakfast responsible for securing over $300,000 in support, and other donor events
- Donor Database / Raiser’s Edge / Gift Entry
- Including timely and accurate entry of all gift / pledge entries, donor acknowledgement letters, etc.
- Donor meeting call reports entered in RE
- General Updates to donor files as needed
- Mailing / Cell Phones / Email Management in the RE CRM system
- General Capital Campaign Support as directed
- Other areas as directed by CHNK leadership
Required Skill Sets and Previous Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Marketing or other relevant field, or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Minimum three years of fund development experience.
- Experience in the areas of annual giving and major gifts.
- Experience planning and executing special events.
- Experience with donor database management and software. Experience with Raiser’s Edge/RE NXT software and GiveSmart highly preferred.
- Experience in fund development for a non-profit social service agency a plus.
- Significant experience and comfort with Office 365, including Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; comfort learning new software programs and using technology to further CHNK’s fundraising efforts.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and proficient at multi-tasking.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in a trustworthy manner.
- Advanced problem-solving skills and ability to work with minimal supervision; planning and anticipation of CDO and donor needs are critical responsibilities.
- Comfort communicating and collaborating with diverse audiences, including Board of Trustees members, major supporters of CHNK, fellow employees, vendors, donors, and volunteers.
- High standards of performance; willingness to assume responsibility for the timely and correct completion of assignments or tasks.
- Alignment with the various cultural initiatives of CHNK including the Sanctuary Model of Trauma Informed Care and All Children All Families’ LGBTQ+ competencies.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, and hear; use hands to handle or feel objects; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, kneel, squat, and hold objects or carry.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- 13 paid holidays
- 18 paid time off days plus 6 long-term illness days
- Medical insurance with NO DEDUCTIBLE
- 403(b) retirement plan with 6% employer match after 1 year
- $5,000 per year in tuition reimbursement after 1 year of employment.
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance from $50 per month to $200 per month.
Children's Home of Northern Kentucky
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?