As a member of the interdisciplinary team, implements educational programming per the Individual Education Plan for students who have multiple disabilities including complex medical needs. The paraprofessional is under the supervision of the special education teacher and the Director of Education.
- implements lesson plans designed by teacher
- Works directly with students, individually or in groups, on assigned programs
- Complete daily documentations, participation, and daily attendance
- sets up classroom
- cleans classroom and materials per regulations
- participates in field trips
- Good team player; collaborates with others from all departments
- participates in quality improvement activities
- participates in education committees as assigned
- abides by CHC policies and procedures
- performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- paraprofessional certificate (ISBE approved)
- ability to lift 30 to 50 pounds
- ability to move, bend, stand to work with students.