Director, Strategic Marketing & Communications
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This is a new position to Children's Friend!
Your Career Their Future!
Ready to make an impact on the future of Rhode Island?
Sign on bonus up to $5,000 for new hires before October 21, 2022!
Established in 1834, Children’s friend is Rhode Island’s oldest child welfare organization. We are an innovative leader in improving the well-being and healthy development of Rhode Island’s most vulnerable young children. Join the Children's Friend family, where we offer excellent benefits and work culture!
1. Builds and sustains partnerships with stakeholders across Children's Friend to develop comprehensive marketing strategies and tactical plans that meet engagement and fundraising goals.
2. Partner with key stakeholders and program subject matter experts to support the development of value proposition, messaging, and impact storytelling.
3. Develop and execute marketing strategies to help advance visibility and recognition for the organization's societal impact with key audiences and constituents.
4. Plan and implement multi-channel annual marketing campaigns for all of Children's Friends annual fundraising initiatives. These campaigns will include all or some of the following channels: Email, direct mail, phone, crowdfunding, giving days, social media, and digital advertising.
5. Oversee the creation, maintenance, and enhancement of all marketing collateral and assets.
6. Helps to design, align and execute visibility and engagement programs/events in critical communities. Works with Major Gifts and Estate Planning Director to identify and accelerate the major donor prospect journey.
7. Manages public relations, social media, print and mail, photography, and video vendors.
8. Strategic management of all marketing communications channels with a focus on impact, positioning, messaging, and consistency.
9. Design, plan, execute and measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns to acquire and reactivate audiences.
10. Create and maintain a year-long creative testing roadmap for all direct marketing campaigns.
11. Establish a calendar and process for creating and distributing content, including marketing collateral, thought leadership, videos, and webinars.
12. Serve as a key decision-maker in the development of external communications while promoting excellence and innovation.
13. Serve as a passionate advocate for the brand throughout the organization and partner with leaders across Children's Friend to ensure underlying brand principles, value proposition, social purpose, and customer needs are consistently met.
14. Provides leadership and direction for staff, conducting performance reviews, providing opportunities for growth and development, and effectively managing and communicating about job performance and improvement.
15. Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in mass communications, broadcast or print journalism, public relations, marketing, or related field or combination of qualifications and experience the agency deems to be equivalent.
• 7-10 years of relevant work experience in a nonprofit setting preferred.
• Excellent internal and external communication skills, able to give thoughtful feedback and foster open communication among the team.
• Knowledge of design principles for print and digital communications; capacity to work with design vendors.
• Extensive experience managing social media accounts and social media campaigns, and a proven track record of success.
• Proficiency with web content management systems for editing and updating web content.
• A record of building a positive working environment - leading by example and encouraging honest and productive dialogue
• Passionate about teamwork with an appreciation for the value of diverse opinions and different skillsets
• Must meet all pre-employment checks, criminal and medical clearances, and vaccination requirements.
• Both remote and onsite work required.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonable accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Children’s Friend is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Get fresh Future Marketing jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.