Preschool & Daycare Director
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Children’s Creative Center Preschool & Daycare
2026-28 W. Belmont Ave, Chicago, IL 60618
Phone: (773) 270-4696
Summary of Position:
Children’s Creative Center (CCC) is looking for a qualified and passionate center director to join our team of early childhood educators! The individual that joins our team will have a rewarding leadership experience filled with purpose and opportunity for growth. Ideal candidates must be comfortable independently managing the center’s day-to-day operations and be familiar with ways to provide education for children ages two through five. In this position, the director will be immersed in a supportive environment where they will work alongside other administrators and educators to promote the school's mission, goals, and values. The optimal applicant will have a minimum of one year of experience in a leadership position, strong written, and verbal communication skills.
CCC believes all children should be provided with real-life learning experiences that will open their minds to the possibilities of the world. Unlike larger daycare and preschools, our center places a strong emphasis on the community and focuses on developing the whole child by instilling CCC’s core values of friendship, independence, creativity, and respect. The educators, administrators, families, and children that makeup Children’s Creative Center, play an important role in creating our amazing school!
- Please note that only candidates who meet the Director Qualifications per DCFS listed below will be considered:
Director Qualifications per DCFS:
- Shall be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have obtained a high school diploma or equivalency certificate (GED).
- A minimum of an associate degree in child development or early childhood education.
- 64 semester hours in any discipline with a minimum of 21 college credits in child development, early childhood education, or early childhood special education
And one of the following:
- Gateways to Opportunity Level 1 Illinois Director Credential
- 3 semester hours of college credit in administration, leadership, or management
- 3 points of credential-approved training in administration, leadership, or management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Development or comparable field experience in Administration preferred.
- A visionary mindset.
- Exceptional people skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to problem-solve and navigate conflicts.
Benefits of working at Children’s Creative Center:
- Fantastic community and families
- Competitive Pay
- Extensive benefits package including enrollment bonuses
- Supportive and caring ownership
- Fun and easy-going staff
- Holidays off
- Two paid breaks: One week of summer vacation and two weeks of winter vacation.
- PTO and Sick time
Director Goals and Responsibilities:
- Be able to make school-wide decisions that are for the betterment of the facility and the children who attend.
- Feels comfortable working independently.
- Demonstrate an understanding of ECE and have a strong philosophy of teaching.
- Strong communication skills to speak with staff, students, and parents.
- The individual should have a good sense of community and find ways to incorporate Roscoe Village into the school’s culture.
- Find unique and creative ways to create a dynamic school environment.
- Organize, plan, and execute events that help to promote parent involvement. For example, Father’s Day, Mother’s Day, end-of-year picnic, etc.
- Has a basic understanding, or a willingness to learn, marketing strategies to boost student enrollment and bring positive attention to the school.
- Prioritize the mission, goals, program, culture, and philosophy of CCC.
- Be creative and resourceful
- Contribute fresh and innovative solutions to set CCC apart from other programs.
- Be able to use hiring platforms and resources effectively to recruit qualified staff members that would be a good addition to the school.
- Have familiarity with tracking and managing employee HR functions. For example, time sheets, vacation/PTO, sick time, etc.
- Implement school policies for staff and students.
- Be familiar with DCFS standards and child development.
- Possess strong inter and intra-personal skills.
- Be able to lift 25-30 lbs
- Be able to walk, squat/kneel, sit on the floor, see, hear, and speak with children to ensure children’s health and safety
- Be able to keep up with active, young children
- Updated Medical Health Report with evidence of MMR vaccination and TB testing
- Criminal Background Check
- Individuals will need to obtain a Food and Sanitation Management Certification
Pay: $55,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year - Salary does not include bonuses
Childrens Creative Center IncWhy Work Here?
Awesome team of educators, multiple benefits, and holidays/days off
2028 W. BelmontChicago, IL
EducationView all jobs at Childrens Creative Center Inc