Position is temporarily in Long Island City, Queens**
The Motor Vehicle Operator is responsible for the pick-up and delivery of mail, supplies and related items. The Motor Vehicle Operator is also responsible for providing transportation to housing viewings, placement into permanent housing and client transfers.
Duties and Responsibilities (Include but not limited to):
• Drive various types of automobiles from sedans to passenger vans and trucks to transport personnel,
supplies, and materials throughout the 5 boroughs and adjacent areas in all types of traffic and/or
• Assist with loading and unloading supplies, cargo and materials.
• Review daily delivery needs for assigned region.
• Receive, transport, and deliver supplies to/from multiple locations, as directed.
• Act as courier for sensitive documents.
• Transport executives, officials, staff, and/or clients as needed for agency related business.
• Adhere to route schedule according to agency needs (viewing, transfers, supply deliveries, etc.).
• Ensure vehicle is not loaded beyond the rated capacity.
• Ensure no supplies, cargo, or materials are left in vehicles at end of shift.
• Ensure vehicle is locked and secured at the end of every shift.
• Maintain log of completed trips.
• Maintain a clean, smoke-free, drug and alcohol-free vehicle, disposing of all trash at end of shift.
• Submit to random drug screenings at the discretion of the agency.
• Maintain a clean and complete uniform, personal hygiene, and professional, pleasant and polite
demeanor to all persons.
• Ensure vehicles are signed out and back in at the start and end of every shift.
• Return delivery slips and logs at the end of every shift.
• Ensure vehicle keys are returned at the end of every shift.
• Report to work punctually for all scheduled shifts and in proper uniform.
• Drive vehicle safely and in strict accordance with traffic laws, time schedules and route assignments.
• Follow safety protocols to ensure no injury to self/others (proper body mechanics, safe driving, etc.)
• Report any/all noticeable mechanical defects in vehicle.
• Immediately report any accidents in which the vehicle may have been involved.
• Report all vehicle maintenance needs.
• Immediately notify Supervisor of all incomplete deliveries.
• Perform other duties as needed and/or directed by supervisor.
• Return all undelivered items to pick up location at the end of every shift.
Minimum Job Requirements
• A valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
• Successfully completed 5-hour defensive driving course.
• Some heavy lifting may be required.
• Manual dexterity, ability to stand, bend, lift and/or reach for extended periods of time, required.
• Ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) and follow oral and/or written instructions.
• Able to work evening, weekends and holidays as needed.
• Ability to travel in the boroughs of New York City and its adjacent counties as needed.
• Be flexible and able to work in a team environment to accomplish multiple tasks.
• Surveillance camera in vehicle must not be removed, tampered with or covered.
• In the event of an accident, pictures of vehicles must be taken for completion of an accident report.
• Motor Vehicle Operators assume responsibility for all tickets accrued while vehicle is in his/her
• Vehicles are for agency use only. No personal/unauthorized use permitted.
• Hands-free, Bluetooth driving only.
• Motor Vehicle Operators are not permitted to refuse the vehicle or route assigned.
CCS provides transitional cluster housing, and temporary housing in Commercial Hotels.
CCS has expeditiously grown from a handful of dedicated staff members to over 600 employees.
Childrens Community ServicesSince its founding in 2014, Childrens Community Services (CCS) has provided services to more than 4,000 families in over 2,000 units. CCS provides transitional cluster housing, and temporary housing in Commercial Hotels. CCS has expeditiously grown from a handful of dedicated staff members to over 600 employees.